My Acer Travelmate laptop will not start up

• wscot426
  • Born
  • Born
  • wscot426

Post 3+ Months Ago

My Acer Travelmate laptop will not start up. One day I was on it, when all of a sudden, the laptop just went off. Since then, it hasn't started up, the fan doesn't even come on. But when I plug the charger in, it charges up and the light indicates that the battery is full. But still, the laptop will not start up. Can anyone help me out or give more some suggestions as to what I should do?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

Take the battery out of your laptop, And put it back in and see iff anything changes.

Have your dropped your laptop, Spilt any form of liquid on it?
  • russsmirnov
  • russsmirnov
  • Loc: Calgary

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmmm....under what circumstances did it stop responding?
  • wscot426
  • Born
  • Born
  • wscot426

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've already tried taking the batttery out in putting it back in, but nothing changes. My laptop just all of a sudden stop responding. It won't start up at all, when I press the power button absolutely nothing happens (the fan doesn't come on or anything). However, when I plug my adapter into my laptop, the charge light comes on and indicates that my laptop is charging. Someone else informed me that my laptop should come on with just the charger plugged into it, even when the battery isn't actually in my laptop. But, it still won't come on using that method. Could it be that my laptop was over heated or something?
  • the_great_cornholio
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: klickitat, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

same problem, mine wont start up either, i got a sony vaio if any of you find out how, please tell me
  • darkflow79
  • Born
  • Born
  • darkflow79

Post 3+ Months Ago

exactly same problem. The laptop went off all of a sudden.

The green charge light is on but nothing happens when pressing power button.

Just happened after 1 year warranty, acer did this on purpose.

wscot426 wrote:
My Acer Travelmate laptop will not start up. One day I was on it, when all of a sudden, the laptop just went off. Since then, it hasn't started up, the fan doesn't even come on. But when I plug the charger in, it charges up and the light indicates that the battery is full. But still, the laptop will not start up. Can anyone help me out or give more some suggestions as to what I should do?
  • lindabibles
  • Born
  • Born
  • lindabibles

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have had this problem with more than 1 of the Acers I bought for our school. Removing battery worked to start with then stopped working today. So I removed for over an hour, started, but second it moved shut off again. found I could keep the charger working if computer at an odd angle. So got it to start after awhile of charging, then had to remove electric charger. read about computer not recognizing it is open, so have changed my power settings to not shut off when lid is closed. I also did a system recovery. I think this is a common problem with these acers, i will know if true as we use all the laptops bought. I hope not. I finally can use this laptop sitting normally after making changes.
  • Brerbunny
  • Born
  • Born
  • Brerbunny

Post 14 days ago

Hello,

I had the same issue and so I dismantled the Acer laptop as it was out of warranty.

I was able to discover that the issue was down to a worn power switch. I was able to bypass the power switch by crossing the correct wires on the power switch circuitry's ribbon input on the motherboard.

The laptop then started normally, and I was able to create a backup.

All I need to do now is replace the power button!

yours sincerely,

Brer Bunny

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts