• Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am assuming the 64x2 is the dual core version of the AMD 64. In my opinion, at the moment they aren't good for much of anything. Most of the software people use isn't 64bit and/or won't take advantage of a dual core processor. The dual core would come into play if you are a hard core multi-tasker such as burning dvd's while playing a game and compiling code and rendering 3d graphics all at the same time.

Once software developers start designing 64 bit versions of the 32 bit apps and start writing them to be multi-threaded I see no value of these processors unless it is to make your friends jealous.
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

grinch2171 wrote:
I am assuming the 64x2 is the dual core version of the AMD 64. In my opinion, at the moment they aren't good for much of anything. Most of the software people use isn't 64bit and/or won't take advantage of a dual core processor. The dual core would come into play if you are a hard core multi-tasker such as burning dvd's while playing a game and compiling code and rendering 3d graphics all at the same time.

Once software developers start designing 64 bit versions of the 32 bit apps and start writing them to be multi-threaded I see no value of these processors unless it is to make your friends jealous.

Then damn, I lover doing all of that stuff with my FX55. I need to go dual core :\
  • manuleka
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: NZ, Wellington

Post 3+ Months Ago

grinch2171 wrote:

can you elaborate abit more on that? how can multitasking be using the functionality available by the dual core if softwares aren't yet built to use it? sorry just hungry for some knowledge here hehe :)
  • Joyfield
  • Born
  • Born
  • Joyfield

Post 3+ Months Ago

Perfect for a webserver with a lot of dynamic content then.
  • psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: long island, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

alright ill save my money then...iva also been advised to not buy cpu's and motherboard sets....they say that if the motherboard dies out then id b out of luck a processor is that true. how long do motherboards usually last? such as asus and abit etc. should i just get the set or not and why
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

When you buy a motherboard combo and if the motherboard dies, all you need to do is buy another motherboard that supports the same processor. Same goes if the proc dies, just buy another proc that the motherboard supports. Nothing wrong with buying combos.

I have an Asus and it has lasted a couple of years and still going strong. I also have 2 gigabytes that are still going strong after several years. All have gone through hardware upgrades, BIOS flashes and overclocking experiments and have sone just fine. One of the gigabytes was a motherboard/cpu combo.
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

For RMA you might have a problem. Just make sure the set is from a reputable firm.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts