AMD Duron 1.3

• sandman6471
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • sandman6471
  • Loc: In My Dreams

Post 3+ Months Ago

My Problem is BSOD(page fault in a non paged area),(Bad Pool Header), but only when I burn cd's or dvd's. I have replaced the power supply, new full tower Interx Case, (4) new 80mm Case Fans(2F,2R), new Extra Large CPU Fan, New Segate 80GB,7200rpm,8mbcache. I have done a clean install of Windows XP(Service Pack 2). I have cleaned out all video drivers and installed the latest drivers from Nvidia(Geforce MX440(64mb.)by PNY. I have run MemTest_86(latest version) 4 Times with no memory problems(have 3 banks of 256mb PC133. I have just ran HOTCPU Pro Ver.4 it ran for 6 hours said everything was fine but the L2 Cache on the CPU "Error CPU 0: L1 Cache data does not match, 1pByte1=0,1pByte2=0". I'm running a Tyan S2390B with the original Bios version(Award Technologies) This system has been running great until about 2 months ago, system does great except for burning cd's and dvd's. Boots up and shuts down execellent, can run Bryce 5.5 no problems.

I would appreciate any help in this matter, I guess my CPU is shot. I bought it in January,2003. So maybe I still have a warranty on it.

Thanks again;
Sandman6471
  • sandman6471
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • sandman6471

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well,

Since no one had any suggestions for my problem. I installed a AMD Athlon 1.4ghz. today and ran Hot CPU Tester Pro 4 again and no problems.

Called AMD about the 3 year so called warranty on there retail boxed CPU's. They basically told me that they might send me either a Duron 1.8 or a Athlon XP2200+, but they would not have a warranty with them. My board does not support either one even with the bios upgrade. It's funny you can still purchase the XP1700+ on the internet(retail Box Version) but AMD does not have any.

Go Figure, Why should they be any different!!!! :x

So to all of you having problem with BSOD's, check your CPU's could be it has either L1 or L2 cache has gone bad.

Hey, took me awhile to figure this one out but it's in the bag.

Have a good one, Later
  • sandman6471
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • sandman6471

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, I really could use some help here people. I have not received a reply on this topic since postling. My BSOD screens are back this time no error just code(see below)

0x0000008E(0XC0000005,0X804E30DA,0XF3CC78A4,0X00000000) I have uninstalled Nortons Goback, Uninstalled XP Service Pack 2. This is a new installation of XP Home all updates but Service Pack 2. I have run full virus scan and boot scan. I have run spybot s&d, adaware se v.1.6, xoftspy, noadware 3, and I use spyware blaster v.3.4(newest version out). Like I said in the first post, new Interex case, 4 new case fans, new 400 watt power supply, new cpu heatsink and fan, and a 1.4 amd athlon(since 1.3 duron had bad L2 Cache). I have re-ran memtest_86 on all memory then each stick and in each bank(no problems). I re-ran Hot CPU Tester Pro v.4(No problems. I installed a new Seagate 80gb. drive about a month ago, old WD 80gb. is slave now for storage.

Like I said this computer runs excellent until you try to burn a cd, then it gets almost finished or it will be verifying data and then a blue screen pops up. This is driving me crazy :lol: :? :cry:

I have run the seagate diagnostic tools on the hard drive and everything tested good. I have run HiJackThis V.1.99.1 and nothing out of the ordinary is showing up. I'm on the verge up buying a new mother board and memory this is weird.............

Thanks for any help and for atleast reading about my problems, I know everyone has problems.

Thanks again;
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, it seams the only same things in this box is the motherboard and the optical drives.

The BSOD's your are experience seem to be more of a motherboard issue than the CD/DVD drives. Look to see if your bios has an onboard diagnostic.
  • sandman6471
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • sandman6471

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, this is just about to drive me nuts. I got to thinking about dma access and pio mode. So I went in and changed both cd/rw to pio mode and everything works like a champ. I looked at the manuals for both drives and the Dynex drive does not support dma access, my LG drive does so I set it back at dma access if possible. The dvd/rw I had which I took back because I though it was bad was indeed fine. The problem I was having then with BSOD's was my processor's L2 Cache was bad(AMD Duron 1.3). I've changed it to a AMD Athlon 1.4. So maybe I want have to go out and buy a new MB and memory now. I'm going to pick up another dvd/rw, when I do I have a friend I think I sell the Dynex Drive to him.

Thanks to GT500shlby for repying.... :)
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I try my best to give 5x the help on the board for each ontime I recieve. But sometimes when nobody replies to a topic, it is very unsettling.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... US;Q315335

That is for the STOP error you received. It relates to incompatible RAM. If you can try using a different set of RAM. Check with your motherboard maker for compatibility problems with certain RAM.

Some more links for you:
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t106048130
  • sandman6471
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • sandman6471

Post 3+ Months Ago

I did some reading of the manuals for my cd/rw's last night and came to the conclusion that the Dynex(cheap)drive I have does not support dma access(only PIO mode). I went in and changed the setting for that drive and burnt a couple cd's and copied a couple cd's from cd/rw drive to the other. No Problems at all, no BSOD's or anything.

I appoligize for all the whinning and everything, I'm just very particular about my computer and like everything to run like it's suppose to. So simple to cause me such a headache. :D

Thanks Again to Everyone.... OZZU FORUM is the best on the net..... :) :lol:
  • sandman6471
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • sandman6471

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have been running this Memory since I built the computer about 2yrs. now. Never any problem before, tested each stick and each bank and everything tested fine using Memtest_86.

Thanks for links though, I give them a look anyway. Hope my problem is solved.
  • sandman6471
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • sandman6471

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, just an update here after changing everything but MB and Memory. I'm still getting BSOD's but, only if I run my DVD/RW & CD/RW (DMA Access if available). I went back and set the Second IDE Channel Controler to PIO Mode Only and it works great no more BSOD's.

So, I'll run it like this until I'm ready to upgrade MB and Memory.

Thanks again for all your help and support.... Like I've said before Ozzu Forum Rules. You guys are the greatest... :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts