• No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• BlueHat
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Cyprus

Post 3+ Months Ago

am not sure, i have both, i find AMD quite good??

but i heard that AMD causes allot of system crash

not sure, and never faced one yet
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Welcome To, Crazy World!

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, your processer is not your motherboard. It's just a CPU that you click on the motherboard like RAM. But, then again some motherboards come with a CPU already on it. ANYWAYS..

Really, this is an opinion thing and everyone is going to say something different.. You are either a AMD or Intel fan. I am personally an AMD fan.. I have used Intel for many years then got an AMD and was REALLY impressed with it. It seems to run more smoothly and I seem to have fewer problems. I usually only have to reboot my system about every 2 to 3 weeks.

But, like I said.. It's just my opinion like everyone elses.. You kinda have to pick what fits you.. I suggest you go to Best Buy or something and play on their computers with an AMD and an Intel and see which one seems better to you..
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

I always go with AMD. You end up with a much better system for your money.
  • BlueHat
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe wrote:
I always go with AMD. You end up with a much better system for your money.

That sounds very interesting Axe???
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes it does doesn't it? :)
  • Kn1ght
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: California - Westminster

Post 3+ Months Ago

AMD is good for playin games ^^
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Staying on topic, I never knew AMD actually made 'motherboards' :wink:
Intels boards on the other hand are a pain in the assprin. I'd rather have an Asus or an Abit board.

CPU wise I'll take an Intel over an AMD any day.
  • stewis
  • stewis

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
Intels boards on the other hand are a pain in the assprin.

lmao :D

umm well i always choose AMD and may soon be getting my hands on a nice juicy AMD 64 3400+ :D but any way slightly off topic :p

the reason i choose AMD's is because of price i dont realy wanna spend loads of money on a processor when theres a similar one for a couple of $100's less :D and it can match a intel foir what i need it for :)
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Ohio

Post 3+ Months Ago

Considering the popularity of both chips (AMD vs. Intel) I think its purely up to the end user which they prefer. Its like asking which is better, chevy, ford, dodge or any of the hundreds of automobile names out there. All vehicles get you where you want to go, generally speaking. Some just do it with more class than others.
Most of the documentation Ive read points to AMD being slightly faster when compared to a Intel processor rated in the same category. If you had two computers the same speed processor running side by side and switched between them, I doubt youd notice any difference (assuming they were identical in other respects). I would say that you can build a machine for less money using AMD socket boards. I'll build a machine based on intel or AMD (personally its AMD all the way.) whichever is preferred by the customer.
  • ligerzero03
  • ligerzero03

Post 3+ Months Ago

I personally used to be a hardcore Intel fan, where I work, my boss had us push Intel based systems more than AMD, even though he knew for the money the AMD was better for the price aspect on overall quality.
We used Intel 865 boards, and they were a pain, there were so many bios updates that we had machines coming back because some of the memory wasn't kosher with the rest of the system. So eventually we went to all Asus boards...For P4's we used the P4P800 Deluxe, great board, onboard gigabit lan, sata raid, pata raid, what more can you ask for 126.99??

As far as AMD goes, we had only just started building systems. So we started with a base of Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe and Barton 2500+'s with PC3200 Ram Crucial. Well I'll tell you we had more issues with the Intels than with the AMD's so far, (Well at least the ones that were based from the Intel branded 865 boards)

So really I would recommend an AMD anyday, I spent 200 dollars all together for my stuff: Ram, mobo, processor (retail) and I haven't had a lick of trouble yet.
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

theres usually not a lot of problems involving the processor itself. Ive got ECS motherboards running all over town, and have had no problems. Theyre very inexpensive boards, not made for overclocking, but just fine for inexpensive machines for people on a tight budget. Motherboards can give you fits, and you can find hundreds of articles and ratings for and against every board out there. Everybody has their favorite motherboard too.
  • bigcheeez
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bigcheeez

Post 3+ Months Ago

Since a lot of others posted about cpu's I wanted to put in my 2 cents. I have two AMD K6 3dNow 333Mhz cpu systems running to this day that are on about 95% of the time. One is roughly seven years old, and the other is five.
I have never had a single (hardware related) problem with either one of these except one bad ps. I do have experience with more than just 2 pcs, but I wanted to use these to make my point that I agree with the majority I have seen on this forum that AMD rulz! :wink:
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

bigcheeez wrote:
Since a lot of others posted about cpu's I wanted to put in my 2 cents. I have two AMD K6 3dNow 333Mhz cpu systems running to this day that are on about 95% of the time. One is roughly seven years old, and the other is five.
I have never had a single (hardware related) problem with either one of these except one bad ps. I do have experience with more than just 2 pcs, but I wanted to use these to make my point that I agree with the majority I have seen on this forum that AMD rulz! :wink:

I have two of them, they're dependable, rugged and still running fine. :-) I wouldnt mind having a couple more.
  • technical
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I also have another computer which is compaq presario 5204. It still runs today with a AMD K6 3DNOW (350M~hz_. I bought 4 years ago and have faced no problem yet. The other hand, i have a intel pentium 1 (350) MHz and i had to do so many BIOS updates 2 years after i bought.(which is 2 years ago) THen finally it got to old lately and passed away about two months ago so i had to replace the cpu with intel pentium 4. I used the compaq PC a lot more than the intel P 1 and the intel broke down earlier.

I still use my Compaq PC as a backup and i sometimes chat msn on it.

COMPAQ PRESARIO 350MHZ
192Mb RAM
4MB ATI PRO AGP 2X
4GB Hard Drive
CD-ROM and Floppy Drive

Oh yea, I would say AMD is perfect for windows xp based computer and a user who does a lot of games and stuff.

damn i wish HP didn't buy compaq or i would have bought my new PC from compaq, not dell.
  • BlueHat
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

technical wrote:
Oh yea, I would say AMD is perfect for windows xp based computer and a user who does a lot of games and stuff.

and watching movies DVD.
  • coolkid
  • Loc: in front of monitor

Post 3+ Months Ago

hrmm... well i'm turning into an amd fan soon. planing to change my rig from intel to amd. don't really bother much about the processor speed now. most proc are quite fast now but amd is certainly improving and getting more competitive :)

well i'm turning into amd becuz it's cheaper :) and one thing i like about nforce2 board that i am getting soon, is the soundstorm *grin*
no more slow down (i hope) when i play games. yay :)
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

jfvb1225 wrote:
theres usually not a lot of problems involving the processor itself. Ive got ECS motherboards running all over town, and have had no problems.

Man, I got a brand new ECS mobo + AthlonXP2400 back in September... The board ended up blowing (only 5 weeks later), and taking the processor with it, and my CD Burner..

So, I replaced it with a decent motherboard. Now I've got an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe, AthlonXP2500+ Barton & a new CD Burner :)

I've known a bunch of people who work as developers for Intel. All their machines at home are AMD processor powered - That's gotta say something, heh :)
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I always use AMD. I have nothing against Intel, I just prefer AMD. Been using them for years, never really had any problems.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've not bought an Intel in about 10 years now.
  • BlueHat
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe wrote:
I've not bought an Intel in about 10 years now.

thats a long time.

For what i have seen for the last few months, I believe that AMD is much better than Intel.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

BlueHat wrote:
thats a long time.

Yup, Intel's been crap for ages :mrgreen:
  • alexdio
  • alexdio

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lol ;)
Intel is Passive ;)

The Folk choose AMD, because it has pretty performance in fiture
for a little pay now!

Great thanks for NVidia NF2 chipset, it made less glitches speed

The Future is coming now!
  • technician
  • Born
  • Born
  • technician

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys glad to see you all have some good options haha.
I have had a K-6AMD, Intel and then i built my new system and wouldn't go to Intel again I have worked on many pc's and AMD is the best bang for your BUCK...
System:
Asus A7N8X Deluxe (Very good Quality)
1 Gig DDR Ram Dual channel
9700 Pro ATI (nice and still plays anything)
3000+ AMD Baron 512 L2 (runs hot but stable)
FortiSSimo 3 7.1 (great sound)
Thermaltake X Great case...
5 case fans 465 W power supply.(great for these fans lol)
Liteon 40x ( Great for Raw Burning)
Liteon DvD Rom
40 Gig Maxtor (would never bye another one :()
80 Gig seagate ( Great drive)

Well that is what i have in my case lol and a 19" 0.23 True Flat CTR monitor, well ty all for listening and great to be involved in this forum
cya next time..........

Later Technician :shock:
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

AMD is the best value for money and I like and have the Abit Guru AN7 and much better than my other pc that has a Abit NF7. Put a AMD2800 1GB Dual Ram (2 sticks of 512MB) and your flying at a fraction of the price.
  • ViPi
  • ViPi

Post 3+ Months Ago

IMHO Intels are used by businesses who rely on the stability of the chip to run their servers and business software

AMDs are used by diehards....I love the speed of my AMD for its price and I don't think I'll ever change to Intel now I know about the A64
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmmm yeah I forget about the AMD 64 bit chips. They require another motherboard but be careful you match the chip for the board cos their are 2 types I think.
  • skyline
  • Born
  • Born
  • skyline

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well?

I've heard that AMD now is kicking Intel's butt in almost everyway. So....I'm opting for an AMD CPU after my Intel 733MhZ goes.

Any thoughts?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

skyline wrote:
Well?

I've heard that AMD now is kicking Intel's butt in almost everyway. So....I'm opting for an AMD CPU after my Intel 733MhZ goes.

Any thoughts?

Skyline -- I merged yours with the existing topic on this.
  • skyline
  • Born
  • Born
  • skyline

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ya...I kinda just realized...

It seems as if AMD is kicking Intels ass. Is the Althon 64 3200+ any good compared to a hyprethreading 3.2Ghz Intel?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 40 posts