Apple IPod

• jranderson80
  • Born
  • Born
  • jranderson80

Post 3+ Months Ago

A friend of mine is trying to sync a few songs from Windows Media Player 10 to his Ipod. He says that he has set up the ipod for sync on WMP 10. When he tries to so this, his computer says that he has an X ammount of songs on the Ipod, but when he tries to access the songs on the Ipod, there is nothing there. One other thing that he said, is that he put a program on his computer for a new VCast Chocolate phone and he said that it turned all his music files into VCast music. Could this be the problem? If so, how would he fix this problem.
Any help would be great. I hope I explained this well enough.
Thanks.
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Use iTunes
  • jranderson80
  • Born
  • Born
  • jranderson80

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't know enough about Ipods or iTunes to know how it all works, so can my friend take the music that he has on Windows Media Player and transfer it to iTunes and then place it on his Ipod? I always thought that iTunes was only for buying and downloading music. Am I wrong about this? Thanks again.
  • SuprSonic5
  • Student
  • Student
  • SuprSonic5
  • Loc: Michigan, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

No. iTunes has pretty much every feature that WMP 10 has with the exception of video. Quicktime does that. Just direct iTunes to My Music or whatever folder he stores all his music. Direct iTunes to that folder and sync the music. It should work.
  • jranderson80
  • Born
  • Born
  • jranderson80

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok. Thanks. This has been a big help. I will let him know, and hopefully everything will work right.
Again, Thanks.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have to also take note that it will only accept .mp3 (or .mp4) files and not .wma or .wmv files.

I actually think there is a way to upload .wmv or .wma files onto your iPod, but i've actually no idea on how to do that. Perhaps someone else here might.
  • SuprSonic5
  • Student
  • Student
  • SuprSonic5
  • Loc: Michigan, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you have to convert the movies into .m4a, .m4v, or .mov. Here's some more info on putting movies on your ipod http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 248AAXP4pm.
iPods can also play AIFF and WAV files. iTunes can let you convert your .wma files. Convert your wma's into aac format. It is slightly smaller but equal quality. Make sure your bit rate is at least 128 so you don't loose quality.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts