Assistance with Toshiba Satellite 1800-314

• The Enemy
  • Born
  • Born
  • The Enemy
  • Loc: Ontario Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I'm not the worst with computers but have relatively little experience. That said, I received a Toshiba Satellite 1800 for Xmas this year and would like to put the video out (RCA jack on the back) to good use. Unfortunately I have had no luck in doing so. I have updated my drivers (but won't complain if someone suggests doing so again with another) and have also tried booting with the lid closed using the little 'digital' toggle switch on the front. (thought that might work...)

Can anyone with knowledge or suggestions on how to get this to operate help me out?

Thanks,
Corey
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try pressing the FN key and the F5 key at the same time. This supposedly switches your laptop from the built-in screen to an external screen. This should have been covered in your user manual.
  • The Enemy
  • Born
  • Born
  • The Enemy
  • Loc: Ontario Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Grinch,
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I do not have the manual for the laptop... There were a few issues but it is now working properly.

1st issue: Bad driver. I received another copy of the video drivers for this laptop and proceded to retry with the external screen. Previously only the monitor output worked and now both outputs do.

2nd issue: ID10T error. Yours truly was enabling the second monitor prior to pressing the FN+F5 keys. For some reason you must change the video output first and then split the screens. I was not aware of this but it's a simple fix.

Again, thanks for your reply and assistance.
Corey
  • toshiba
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • toshiba

Post 3+ Months Ago

seems like that the video drive has not been load correctly,try to uninstall your present video drive,(in the control panel),and reload it from the System CD.and, if you don't know how to uninstall,i mean, "if", you can reload it, directly from the System CD, the original video drive will be cover and also work well. finally, restart your laptop, put your video out again.

good luck!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts