Asus en7600gs silent graphics card help

• the_great_cornholio
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: klickitat, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

well first of all my friend went to a thrift store like place and in the board game section found the graphics card. Someone Thought it was a board game and Put a price of $1.99! What a steal right? Anyways, when he goes home and tries to use it he realizes he doesnt have PCI-E slot. and brought it over to see if i did. and yes i do, but!....

after i put in the the graphics card, plug in my monitor to it. start the computer it seems fine, then right after it gets to the windows loading screen my my moniter the shuts off saying no input or whatever. it acts like its not plugged into anything. the computer still seems like its running. Please help.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• HoustonIT
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • HoustonIT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Was your previous video card in the slot or did you have an onboard video card? If it was in the slot, you should reinstall it, boot into Windows and uninstall the drivers. Then put the new card in and boot up. If you have onboard video, you probably need to change the settings in the bios to use the slot.
  • the_great_cornholio
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: klickitat, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yea I already did that. it was already on PCI, i put it on PCI-E. i think that is the right one.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

when it goes into windows, try and plug the monitor into the onboard grahics slot ... it 'should' then show windows, then you can go into device manager and make sure that you select the new GPU and 'enable' it ...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts