Asus M2N32-SLi Deluxe WiFi

• alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, i currently own the M2n-E ASUS board and im thinking of getting Asus M2N32-SLi Deluxe WiFi motherboard .. can someone tell me what advantages it has over my current board and should i change it? Is it worth it ? Plus im getting it at a price of 130$.. Is that good enough?

Also if i change my board, do i have to install windows all over again or anything? or do i just replace the board and that will be it ?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have to see if the current processor and memory are compatible with the new mother board first. If not, you have to buy them too.

Is the machine currently wifi ready or can it be made ready for wifi by an adapter? If it is, I would go with that.
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I didnt get what you meant here:
Is the machine currently wifi ready or can it be made ready for wifi by an adapter? If it is, I would go with that.

Anyway i've heard that this motherboard has problems in wifi while using Vista? Im using Vista so is it true?

Plus my processor is AMD Athlon X2 4200+ 2.2Ghz and ram i think is supported by that motherboard.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

What I meant was, that some mother boards are already built to receive a wifi signal without adding a wireless network adapter. If that's the case or if it will accept such an adapter, I wouldn't bother to change the mother board.

I have a Vista laptop and there is no problem with wifi.
  • bigbud13
  • bigbud13
  • Loc: Leicester UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

The main advantage of this motherboard is that the pci-e slots when in sli mode operate at full x16 ,instead of most other sli boards which only run x8 in sli mode. I`ve heard a few people have had problems with the wifi on this board but i know 3 people running this m/b with no probs at all so bit of a funny one that . I`m currently building a sys round the m2n32 ws pro board, these boards are great!.Oh and yes these boards are wifi ready its not an adaptor.The ram is 240 pin ddr2 and i think they`re only socket am2 for cpu

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts