auto restart if flash drive inserted

• ultimate11
  • Student
  • Student
  • ultimate11

Post 3+ Months Ago

guys!!!
how to automatic restart if someone inserted their removable devices...
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is no way inside of Windows that I am aware of to automatically restart the computer if a new devices is plugged in.
  • ultimate11
  • Student
  • Student
  • ultimate11

Post 3+ Months Ago

or any command that will trigger to shutdown..
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

here is a thought, broken motherboard. USB part is about to fail so when a device is inserted, mobo throws it arms in the air and yells for help. As that is happening i would guess the hardware sends a bad command around the board which causes the restart from hardware failure.

with any major failures in hardware the computer will usually give you a error code or reboot.

But that is my stab in the dark.
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Zealous wrote:
here is a thought, broken motherboard. USB part is about to fail so when a device is inserted, mobo throws it arms in the air and yells for help. As that is happening i would guess the hardware sends a bad command around the board which causes the restart from hardware failure.

with any major failures in hardware the computer will usually give you a error code or reboot.

But that is my stab in the dark.

I was wondering if this is what he was asking, as to WHY it was doing it, not HOW to do it. Wasn't sure, so I just answered what he asked.
  • ultimate11
  • Student
  • Student
  • ultimate11

Post 3+ Months Ago

will hardware may cause your system shutdown or restart if there is failure but i encountered once in a seminar when i plug in my device its automatically shutdown in just a few of seconds ..take note the system prompt to me remove your device or this will be shutdown..

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts