BEGINNER NEEDS HELP!

• y3l10w
  • y3l10w

Post 3+ Months Ago

i'm new to computers and i need to know a good gaming computer i can get for about 500-750 dollars. also if anyone is willing to teach me anything about computers that will help me in the future please do. :?:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• limbo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • limbo
  • Loc: Pitcairn Island

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just google "making your own computer" or something like that and start reading as much as you can on that topic before going out and getting the parts. If you can find a friend who knows a thing or two about computers then its ALOT more calming, I was suprised myself when I asked one of my boring friends and he knew a crap load about computers, so now he is intresting :P.
  • gu3
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NCL- England

Post 3+ Months Ago

i would sugest using a dell. they are about taht price and they can come with a good graphics card.
  • y3l10w
  • y3l10w

Post 3+ Months Ago

:!:

i was looking at this computer. i am trying to keep my budget under 800 american dollars and if any of you could could you build that computer with al of the extra stuff i need to make it good for gaming and keep it under 800?
  • y3l10w
  • y3l10w

Post 3+ Months Ago

please also keep in mind i need a monitor with this computer, and a mouse and keyboard
  • gu3
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NCL- England

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstor ... ppdesktop1

that seems simalar to what you want. i would sugest it. but it is 800 english pounds not american dollors. i dont no how much that is in american dollors? it may be too much for what you want.
  • y3l10w
  • y3l10w

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah that is about 1300 us dollars. thanks though
  • avalanchez71
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • avalanchez71

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have two choices -- buy it or build it. If you've never built one -- get a well-experienced friend to help -- he/she should be able to sit down with you and recommend parts.

If you want to buy one -- start with a good base system, such as this:
https://www-01.ibm.com/lenovoinfo/produ ... 3D10000001

Then add the graphics card you want and the monitor you want.

You can usually get a 17in LCD for about $180, and graphics cards can range from $100 to $600, depending on how much power you want.

I'd recommend something like an nVidia 7900GS, or a 7600GT, either will play modern games well.

NEC and Samsung make excellent LCD's. Be sure to check for a low response time (8ms or so) in an LCD for gaming purposes.
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

First of all... Please refer to your alternate post of the same nature here.

Second... Welcome to Ozzu. Let me be the first to lay out some of the etiquettes that many of the users here prefer.
1.) Please use descriptive titles and refrain from ALL CAPS.
2.) Please use complete, coherent English sentences with at least halfway decent spelling. You do not need to be an English major and write a thesis. We are also very tolerant of people where English is not their first or best language. Try your best, that is all we ask. We are not nitpickers. Just refrain from the netspeak or leetspeak shortcuts like "u" for you, etc...
3.) Please articulate on your problems in more detail. You say you need a computer and you did very well in listing the games that you play. However, it streamlines the process if we know more. If you currently have a decent machine, maybe some inexpensive upgrades are all that is needed. If you have a budget, give us the budget. If you want an OEM machine, that is good too.

As for "training" - That is an area that we haven't really touched on in the Hardware section. However if you give me a day or two I can possibly write something and post it as a standalone thread for the entire boards benefit. However if you search you may find a lot of threads on the same subject.

I hope this helps and I welcome you again to Ozzu!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts