Belkin Connect N150 stopped working

• AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: /usr/src/MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

I have a Belkin Connect N150 router. I purchased the router about 4 months ago, and for the past 4 months, it's been working perfectly. About an hour ago I noticed that I was unable to connect to the internet, and the router had a constant amber light (instead of green). Nothing has changed - I still have my local IP and nothing became unplugged between the modem and the router. None of the lights on the modem indicated it was having any issues, but I went ahead and reset the modem and then the router. I received an IP from the router, but the router did not receive an IP from the modem and I was still unable to connect to the internet. I'm connected to the router via an ethernet cable, so I unplugged it from the router and plugged it directly into the modem, and was able to connect to the internet without a problem (I'm connected directly to the modem right now). I tried reconnecting the modem to the router with a couple different ethernet cables and still receive the constant amber light. The other person on my network who is connected via wireless can also connect to the router, but has no internet connectivity (as I assumed). Any ideas as to what could be the root of this problem? Did my router just die..?

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Some links to check
http://en-us-support.belkin.com/app/ans ... eEJrb2s%3D

http://en-us-support.belkin.com/app/pro ... ail/p/5480 (perhaps see if a firmware download works)

I used to have that router, but I can't remember if it has a button to turn the internet connection on and off. If it does, check to make sure that didn't get switched off by accident.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just looked up the owners manual. The solid Amber light means there was no connection made with the wireless device. That is also your Wi-fi Protected setup (WPs) light and button. It's used apparently for a simple setup for wireless connections.

Try connecting with that button again. If all else fails there's a reset button on the back. Try resetting to factory defaults and set up as if you were doing it for the first time.
http://cache-www.belkin.com/support/dl/ ... Router.pdf
  • sherma
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

not sure which one I have, but it's the Belkin N series and I remember buying it because the kid has an Alienware laptop and it was the best one (at the time) for him.

I've never had the problem you mention, and it's been great for all we need, but it does go through periods where it will reboot itself several times for no reason. A little annoying but usually only last about 5 or 10 minutes.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts