Belkin Network adapter and Window Me on Dell Latitude

• AnneRN
  • Born
  • Born
  • AnneRN

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have a dell latitude laptop running windows me. I connect to the internet with a belkin wireless adapter via the linksys router on my computer. it worked fine for over a year. then it didn't work. (the only thing i can think of possibly messing up the computer was trying to connect via a wireless system at a hotel?) anyway - I couldn't get on the internet any longer. I tried downloading drivers from belkin...didn't work. so I bought a new belkin adapter. installed and removed and re-installed. won't connect! I definitely get a signal from the router...I also confirm via the "device" window that adapter is working. but it can't connect to the internet. there is a message that suggests I check my firewall. I did have computer associates ez armor (zone alarm) when the computer worked fine - but I uninstalled and it still doesn't connect. (am I missing something, is there a firewall I don't know about?) I connected Belkin many times and all their suggestions seem to fail (change channel on router, reinstall software, etc) Can you please tell me what has gone wrong with my laptop and why it won't let the adapter connect to the internet?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

There should be an icon for the wireless adapter somewhere near the clock in the bottom right hand corner. Open it and see if the adapter is still looking for the hotel connection. Delete it. Then, open a command prompt and run netstat -an
Are you getting an IP address from your router? If you are then, try to ping google.com or some other site that you know is running. If you are not getting an IP address, you have to find out why.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts