Best Amd and Intel Processors

• alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just wanted to know which AMD and Intel processor is the best in the market right now and which is the best in performance of those 2 processors.

Also any idea which processor would be best keeping in mind its price? In otherwords which processor would be the best bargain and would give me best performance in a limited budget.

I dont really want to create a new topic so another question .. Which PCI-e card is the best at the moment. I dont want to know the most expensive PCI-e card .. Just want to know which card would give me best performance in terms of its price.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• dyefade
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

PCIExpress is a card standard... what sort of PCIe card were you looking for?
  • limbo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • limbo
  • Loc: Pitcairn Island

Post 3+ Months Ago

If I had the cash I would definitely go for a Conroe by Intel, those things are so awesome... If your going for a cheap reliable graphics card I would recommend the 7600gt or the cheaper (and slower) gs version.

NOTE: Dont go for the ATI X1600 series no matter what! Those things are garbage when compared to other cards in the same price range.
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know PCI-express is a card standard. Right now i have the 7100gs and i didnt expect alot from it because i just bought it cause i didnt have enough money left but its suprised me and so far its done brilliantly for me.
  • gu3
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NCL- England

Post 3+ Months Ago

can i ask which is the best out of the two brands? i have only ever used intel and i dont really understand the grades in amd.
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

They're pretty much equal to me. I used a intel p4 2.2 Ghz and rite now i am using an AMD Athlon X2 4200+ 2.2 Ghz. Obviously the amd im using is a dual core so it will perform better then my previous Intel processor but people say for gaming, AMD is better.

I also feel that amd is a bit better, although i think that there isnt any amd processor yet which can match the new core 2 duo's but after all, you can get AMD dualcore's at much lesser prices too.
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: /usr/src/MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

alamode wrote:
They're pretty much equal to me. I used a intel p4 2.2 Ghz and rite now i am using an AMD Athlon X2 4200+ 2.2 Ghz. Obviously the amd im using is a dual core so it will perform better then my previous Intel processor but people say for gaming, AMD is better.

your AMD would beat the pants off your old P4 in benchmarks....lol no contest.
here's an interesting article on the two companies dual core cpu's pitted against each other.. http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10442_7-6389077-1.html
  • business opportunities
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • business opportunities
  • Loc: Saskatoon, SK, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, here is my two bits.

If you want cheapest best value, you could go with an AMD X2 processor. You can get them around $200 US or less and that would do the trick.

If you want best performance, the Intel Core 2 Duo - the performance leader at the moment, though you pay alot more.

If you want a good suggestion for the best video card for the price, you could look at reviews online or Maximum PC the magazine usually has their recommendation for the best video card and the best budget video card in each issue. It would be a good place to start.
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know it does, but i really dont see much diffference in a single core Amd running at 2.2 Ghz vs a Pentium 4 running on 2.2 Ghz.
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

alamode wrote:
I know it does, but i really dont see much diffference in a single core Amd running at 2.2 Ghz vs a Pentium 4 running on 2.2 Ghz.

well then you're not making it work hard enuf ;)

i can tell a difference between an athlon 64 3500+ and 3700+, and those aren't even dual cores. lol
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lol, i cant. I do see a difference though, but not a very very large one though.
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.futuremark.com

run some benchmarks

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts