Voting Chart

Total votes : 8

Is Apple (MAC) Done For Now PC's Are 64Bit?

•  
    Yes
  •  
    No

64 Bit Windows and CPU's..The way of the Future...

• XDUDE
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Colorado, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

64 Bit....The way of the future,what is your take on it?Apple's (MAC) computers are 64 bit and are not doing to will in competition with PC's in 32 bit..NOW PC's are moving to full 64 bit..Apple might as will close there doors now because if they are in head to head competition with the 32Bit PC's they are DONE for with 64 bit PC's...So what is your take on the up and coming 64 bit PC world that is going to change the face of this planet?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki
  • Loc: Edinburgh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Apple are moving away from IBM CPU's an hoping to have their whole range using Intel CPU's by the end of 2006.

You never know, in a few months time you might see Apple PC's with EMT64 Intel chips.
  • XDUDE
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

i don't like intel.i don't like apple..so if they become one then that just makes it that much more easy for me to hate them...i trained on apple in school and lost projects,i hated the interface.i was an intel junkie for YEARS but i cant understand how they keep going when they charge so much for intel CPU's and apple is so different and to me just not practical.want a faster computer with apple,u have to buy a new one..want a faster PC,just buy a new CPU(MAYBE a new board to)...thats the way i like it...BUT i must add that,this is how i think of Apple and intel..some people love them and that fine but i don't want ANYTHING to do with them any more..:D
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thats a little narrow minded.

Personally I don't use Intel but thats not because I hate them, I just choose to use AMD. My folks use an Intel system and I use the two AMD machines, just personal preference, nothing more, nothing less.

Both Intel and Apple have done alot for the PC Industry and we cannot forget that, yes they charge a premium just because they are well known but its the same for everything.

When Apple move across to Intel, I`m sure they will look into things like making parts replacable. Perhaps a post on the Apple website might make them look into it ?
  • XDUDE
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

YEah,that would be a good idea..i know i sound a little "narrow minded" but i have had so many problems with apple and intel in the past,but i am not saying i would rather die than touch one of them again,i just as u said i like AMD much more...i'v used a few of there CPU's (1.8Ghz Duron,Athlon 64 3400+/3700+,Athlon 64 FX-55 and soon the new X2's) and i have never had a problem (cpu wise) and that was not the case with apple and intel..

i am really thinking about the post on the apple site,but i cant but the first guy to not like them because they don't do "part" upgrades...but,well see..
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki

Post 3+ Months Ago

XDUDE wrote:
i am really thinking about the post on the apple site,but i cant but the first guy to not like them because they don't do "part" upgrades...but,well see..

If you get enough people to do the same thing, Apple may just have to take you seriously.
  • Ishii
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Ishii
  • Loc: Gilbert, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
yeah,that would be a good idea..i know i sound a little "narrow minded" but i have had so many problems with apple and intel in the past

I'm curious to know what era you used apples in, and I'd also like to point out that most school computers are seriously FUBARed just by nature of being in a school.

Apple did go through a really rough period of time with the 603e and 604e processors where their machines completely sucked. It was during that time I converted to windows. Since the introduction of the original G3 though, apple has gotten back on track. For the record, I'm typing this post on a Mac Mini and it runs far better than the two windows/amd machines sitting on either side of it. OS X is a very solid operating system, and I am looking forward to the release of the high-end appletel (apple/intel) machines.
  • XDUDE
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

I trained on the G3 and G4's..i have used the G5's and i still don't like the way apple run..with the work i do i end up adding hardware and doing different hardware configurations all the time the NOW apple that is not possible,and i have been thinking about it and if apple cant get spare parts till they release a new computer or go in with intel then i don't want to deal with them...people don't like being told what to do,so y do people like being told what they can and cant do my there MAC..thats my view,i cant have my computer telling me that if i want a faster computer i have to get a new one...and if apple dose not get that by now then they are not worth MY time..i was happy with intel and now even they are to out there for me..AMD is stable,putting the hurt on apple and intel and i see no reason y AMD would ever start to"wig" out(so to speak) so i am happy where i am...i know apple was not as good as it is now,but even now i have problems with them....and don't get me started on those mini MAC...a dual G5 2.5Ghz is not cutting it for me,those lil things well never do anything but let people get e-mail surf the net and MAYBE play a game...other than that they are just a paper weight..(sorry all apple fans)..but like i said above....some people like MAC's and or intel,and thats fine,more power to u..but when the reality is that in 5 years apple might have a computer out that is worth the money and u don't have to chuck it out the window just to get a better one,THEN i might give them a "good review"...apple is like cable TV (digital or not) and PC's are like dish..cable only started to get there act together when DISH started to take a peace of the market...no different with apple and PC's...or even intel for that matter..but anyways,as u all can tell,i don't like apple..i have my reasons and i well always have those reasons..and like i said in 5 years when they finally get a computer that is in good (real) competition with AMD or even intel,i well take them back into mind...till then,the only apples in my house are fruit..:D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts