Bluetooth connection problems

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I notice there was an older topic when searching for info on Bluetooth on Google.

I just got a new Samsung D500 today and aparently it has Bluetooth on it. I am not really 100% sure what the point in bluetooth despite seeing this post. I noticed that when i was around another phone that has bluetooth connected to it as well i notice that my phone dosnt connect to that phone and vice versa. I have enabled Bluetooth as well, so its not that i have it disabled.

I thought that maybe the fact that she has a Nokia phone and my phone is a Samsung might have something to do with it, but realised that Bluetooth was actually created by many different manufacturers (i assume Nokie, Samsung, Sony etc etc) and therefore my original thought could not be the problem.

I just wondered if anyone knew what could be the problem? Is it worth losing any sleep over it?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• katana
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've got the D500 too. You have to set it up so that your phone is visible to others (your phone can remain hidden even though you have Bluetooth enabled). Then you have to pair your phone to another device (which lets the two devices talk to each other).

On your D500, go into the Bluetooth menu, then "My Devices" and "Search for new Devices" to pair it to another device. I have a bluetooth headset that I use so I can talk whilst driving. I can also transfer images from my phone to my PDA etc using Bluetooth.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for that Katana.

I managed to get it working last night and i now have one phone paired to mine at the moment.

Cheers!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts