bluetooth headphones on computer

• mooseye
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mooseye

Post 3+ Months Ago

tried the search for this and got many un-connected results so I thought I would just ask.
Does anyone know how to and what steps are necessary to connect and use bluetooth headphones to listen to music from a computer running WindowsXP SP2?
The head phones are Insignia NS/BTHDP
I have a BT dongle, and have gotten as far as getting the headphones to show up in My Bluetooh Places, and it will show as headset connected when clicking on "show services", but I cannot get any music over the phones.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• X3ndou
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

What bluetooth stack are you using? Bluesoleil?
  • mooseye
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mooseye

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its a kensington brand but I understand it is not made by them.
  • mooseye
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mooseye

Post 3+ Months Ago

I misread your question,thought it asked what bluetooth stick. This Kensington bluetooth adaptor #33085, has a very bad rep on the net as not working or being very hard to install. I have had it for 2 or more years and it has worked well under windows 98 and XP SP2 after updating the driver from the windows installed driver to the MSI driver included on the cd. This is the first time I tried it with a headset on the computer. It worked flawlessly with my cell phone.

I have now been able to get the headset to connect. At first it would say connecting then connected then connection disabled by device or something like that. After several tries it stayed connected. I pressed several buttons on the headset, so that may have played a part.
I have now gotten it to work with windows media player. Had to go to tools then devices on the media player window and change speakers to bluetooth device.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts