Bluetooth

• WoRd Of WiSdOm
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Riverside,California

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hope this is the right place to post this.
I recently got a motorola v551 and it has bluetooth.
What does the bluetooth do besides wireless headsets and bluetooth adapters and such. My question is what else does bluetooth do?
Can to take to bluetooth phones and link them?
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes, bluetooth phones can talk to each other. I have an N-Gage, and although it's marketed as a gaming phone, and you can play against others using the bluetooth connection, I mostly use my phone as a data transfer device between work and home. I have a 256MB SD card in it, so it can hold a decent amount of data.

To be honest, I get more use out of the internet connection I get through T-Mobile. The phone runs Symbian OS, so I have Agile Messenger installed (true instant messaging) and even have putty installed, in case I need to restart apache from, say, a bar or something :)

Also, With the bluetooth on the phone, I can actually use it as an internet connection (though a very slow one) for my computer if my cable connection ever goes out.
  • jumungo4
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you get a Bluetooth adapter you can transfer pics etc to your pc.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is used for some PDAs as well. I got one a while back that could get my email and all but I had to have a bluetooth enabled phone. I dont like bluetooth to much so I returned it.
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like Bluetooth. A Lot. I got a logitech deNovo Bluetooth desktop for my media PC in the livingroom and it ROCKS. I had a regular logitech media desktop, and sometimes, the keyboard and mouse wouldn't work because it was 5ft from the computer. With the bluetooth desktop and a CompUSA Bluetooth Class 1 adaptor (39 bucks), I can use my keyboard and mouse from anywhere in my apartment.
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: BKNY

Post 3+ Months Ago

jus' wanna throw in a little big picture thinking here...
and i'm sure just about everyone is aware of this, but bluetooth isn't just for this or that machine... bluetooth is like a wireless data transfer standard...
you know, a bunch of industry folks got together and were like:
"yo, son, we gotta make our *plum* more compatible"
"yeah, kid, we been workin on that since the first assembly lines, so let's take it to the next level..."
"word"
"word"
and word was bond, so they made bluetooth...
same sort of thing as USB (but without the wire)... there's a standard for data transfer and any two (or more, i guess) machines with bluetooth capabilities can communicate if they've got information they wanna share...

yo... but here's a question...

why "bluetooth"?
in the case of "usb" it makes mad sense - universal serial bus, right?... but "bluetooth"? i jus' don't get it...

peace out.
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.developer.com/ws/proto/print ... _1433291_4
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: BKNY

Post 3+ Months Ago