BroadBand router problems and LAN problems

• Matija.
  • Born
  • Born
  • Matija.

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK, this is becomeing a real problem to me....I really dont know what to do next.

Lets start from the begining.....

I have a LAN in my street for some time already and got the ADSL just a few weeks ago.

SO i got a ADSL router (Micronet SP888 V4 model) and connected my ADSL modem to it WAN port (SIemens C-010-I Brigde model).

My pc is also connected to a router to it LAN port. To its UPLINK i have connected a switch in the other house in my street with a crossover cable. To that switch there are 2 more pc connected.

Whole networks works on 255.255.255.0 subnet mask. Router is 192.168.1.1 and pc are from 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.4

SO its all connected and works....

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After some time the router freezes and LAN falls apart. I cannot ping nothing and nobody.
Mostly it freezes after all computer shutdown and the next morning nothing works, also something it freezes when one of the computers leaves the LAN(shutsdown or restarts)

We all have XP SP1 on our systems, but it think that is not a problem cause the LAN works normaly without that router.

HELP NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have some ideas please ask me some more info that you maybe need to solve it cause i dont know what else to write down.....
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge
  • Loc: nashua nh

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmmmmm sounds weird o yeah just something to say get SP2 it will make ur pc better well... it should

umm have u tried to see if the router or cables are broken or defective or sumthing if one of ur friends has a router or cables that you know work have him or her let u borrow it to try it out i know its kinda weird being like * holding hands out* may i borrow a router
but if thats what u have to do then do it
  • Matija.
  • Born
  • Born
  • Matija.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Equipment and the router are not broken and work perfectly cause the router is new and was on service and they sad it ok..

And the cables are fine cause the normal LAN without the router wokrs great...

But LAN+ADSL aint wokring as it should.
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

i had this problem a couple of times, youre on wireless right? try reinstalling drivers, for all devices on all computers, then if that doesnt work, the "wireless zero config" gets stopped sometimes, restarting this helps, but if youre hardwired, it might be a problem w/ the router.

i suggest resetting it, and reinstalling the network

<note: this is somewhat of a b*tch to complete, i dun reccomend it unless absolutley necesarry, as it will kill all settings, and no computer will have connection, and the problem will probably get worse, but its a worst case scenario solution>

otherwise, i dont know what to say but, kick all the boxes.
  • Matija.
  • Born
  • Born
  • Matija.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Equipment and the router are not broken and work perfectly cause the router is new and was on service and they sad it ok..

And the cables are fine cause the normal LAN without the router wokrs great...

But LAN+ADSL aint wokring as it should.
  • Matija.
  • Born
  • Born
  • Matija.

Post 3+ Months Ago

4ss_munk3y wrote:
i had this problem a couple of times, youre on wireless right? try reinstalling drivers, for all devices on all computers, then if that doesnt work, the "wireless zero config" gets stopped sometimes, restarting this helps, but if youre hardwired, it might be a problem w/ the router.

No its a normar CAT5 cable LAN...
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmmm...im gonna see ifi can simulate problem w/ friends computer, then see if i can give an answer
  • rolfie31
  • Born
  • Born
  • rolfie31

Post 3+ Months Ago

Problem is the router itself. Had the same problem needed resetting every morning, replaced with brand new one, same again. Also used one at work and had similar but not quite the same problems. We are swapping with different brand (Lynksys).

You might try http://www.micronet.com.tw and go to FAQ similar things happening to others.

I suspect these routers are cheap for a reason
  • lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

You might see if you can get a firmware upgrade for the router as well. I have a wireless router that did the same thing and that solved the problem.
  • rolfie31
  • Born
  • Born
  • rolfie31

Post 3+ Months Ago

The ones we used appeared to be the latest firmware version.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts