Is build up of dust a problem for you?

• UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

my computer ran at 38 to 40 c when it was dust free now just having it on it runs at 48 to 50.. i know what the problem is and it is now fixed but do you have a lot of dust problems?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Korashime
  • Korashime
  • Loc: Portland/Salem OR

Post 3+ Months Ago

CowKiller wrote:
my computer ran at 38 to 40 c when it was dust free now just having it on it runs at 48 to 50.. i know what the problem is and it is now fixed but do you have a lot of dust problems?

While in the Persian Gulf, dust was an insane problem. I had to ensure my systems were cleaned out every three to four days, lest we have equipment break on us.

Here in the pacific northwest, it's not so much a problem, not until summer anyway.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

well i mean more along the lines of home dust but what you said would be a problem aswell..
  • Korashime
  • Korashime

Post 3+ Months Ago

CowKiller wrote:
well i mean more along the lines of home dust but what you said would be a problem aswell..

Home dust is never a serious problem until around June or so. And then it's really pollen and not dust. I will probably take the canned-air to the innards of a system once every six months or so. Even then it's more preventative than it is 'reparative'. I've only ever seen one system that was so caked with dust that it caused a failure (power supply). And that one took years for it to get that bad.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

carpets smoking and pets make it worse.
  • MasterZ
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Colorado Springs

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah, i've heard how smoking makes your computer gunk up with more than just dust. It's horible for your computer.
  • Korashime
  • Korashime

Post 3+ Months Ago

MasterZ wrote:
yeah, i've heard how smoking makes your computer gunk up with more than just dust. It's horible for your computer.

It's horrible for just about everything. Over the years, that tar and nicotine oil coats everything....EVERYTHING. The memory of cleaning up the house to sell, after my Grandmother died, has kept me from ever starting.

And I constantly have to admonish my Father to keep from smoking around his computer. A constant struggle.
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

The most problems I have with dust are with the fan on my video card. For some reason, that video card gets pretty hot, and the dust that collects inside the fan casing has a tendency to stick. So cleaning the dust out of that fan is a top priority, but the dust in the processing and case fans is also important. Dust in general is evil for your computer if left for llllloooonnnggg periods of time without clearing.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts