Building new comp.geforce 6150

• limbo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • limbo
  • Loc: Pitcairn Island

Post 3+ Months Ago

OKAY guys I know i have been posting alot in the past couple of weeks, BUT how else am I suppose to lvl up?! J/k really this will be my last post in awhile.

Anyway I am building a new comp with the new am2 socket and I saw this motherboard that had an integrated Geforce 6150. As im on a tight budget, it is a real stretch for me to get something decent like 7600gs. So instead of buying a really budget card for like 50 bucks you guys reckon the 6150 can last me long enough until i can raise enough funds for the 7600gs or gt?

I play mostly source with a bit of the civ series here and there (especially civ3 and civ4 <--- God bless Sid Meir!). So I guess the question I am really asking is what gfx card is the Geforce 6150 on par with and what type of resolution and settings would i be able to play source and the civ series at?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Dangles
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Dangles
  • Loc: Brooklyn Transplanted into NJ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here is a review from anandtech. You could use the benchmarks to see what card comes similar.

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2626

The review didn't sound bad.

Dangles
  • limbo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • limbo
  • Loc: Pitcairn Island

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its not bad at all. Thanks for that! Seems pretty decent...nothing falling below 20fps. Looks like it actually performs a bit better than the 9250.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts