Burning with Alcohol 120% Or Nero!?

• Joni1
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ehh.. i'm not sure does this post nelong to here, but please move this if this came to wrong place. :oops:

So, anyone can help me HOW I can burn bin/cue files on CD. I have 1 bin and 1 cue file waiting for burning. I'm sure that I need to click on the "Image Burning Wizard" but how can I choose both of those files?! Or do I even need the cue file?! I'm beginner with that so please can someone help me! I really need help with this?! :cry:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

YOu will only need to select the CUE file when burning.
  • hoangxom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Be sure that the .cue and .bin files have the same name.
To burn, you can use the image burning wizard or you can just drag & drop the file from its folder into the Alcohol window.

Good luck
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've always found that fireburner works best for .bin/.cue images. Never once in years of use has it produced a single coaster :)
  • Joni1
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey awesome, thanks guys! 8) I let ya know did this work! ;)
  • Joni1
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, well actually i need some help with Nero.. Couse other friend is helping me with burning it. But it just wont burn it. :(
Couse after I have "burned" the .cue file it says completed but the CD doesnt have any files in it. :cry: I don't know what to do?! Oh and Nero createst this file from the .bin file wich is under 700MB and the file type is .nrg. But I dont know how to burn it then?! The prgrm is on 2 CD's!! please help, i'm so confused now!! :cry:
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm... okay. First, what version of Nero do you have? Second, if the programme is 2 CDs, you need 2 .bin files and 2 .cue files. Third, the .cue file is just a text file. Open it in Notepad and make sure that the .bin it names is actually the name of the .bin. For example, if the .bin is called xyz.bin, make sure that the .cue says, literally, "xyz.bin" and not "c:\123\xyz.bin." Fourth, Nero will not create an .nrg (Nero's own disc image format) from a bin/cue unless you tell it to... at least, it shouldn't, and never has in my experience. Make sure that you are burning the image properly. In Nero 7, simply click on the "Recorder" menu, and select "Burn Image." In the resulting dialogue box, navigate to where your disc image is stored, select the .cue file, and click on "Open." You should then be able to select your burn settings and click on "Burn" to burn the image.

Now.. before you burn to disc again, you may wish to test the disc image and make sure it's okay. You can do this by using a virtual drive. I believe Nero has one built in now, but I'm not sure. I know for sure Alcohol does, and unless you changed the settings, it's enabled by default. In "My Computer," you should have a list of drives, one of which is virtual. You can right-click this drive and select "Mount Image." Once again, in the resulting dialogue box, select your .cue file and see if the image loads. You can then browse the drive as you would any other, make sure you can see the directory structure, see that there are actually files there, etc. If all is well, you can try burning it again. If you aren't using Alcohol and I'm wrong about Nero including a virtual drive now, you can download Daemon-Tools (free) and use that. Note that D-T is just a virtual optical drive, not a disc burning application.

Hth.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I second that :D
  • Joni1
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm using Nero 6, yeah, there is 1 bin and cue for CD1 and 1 bin and 1 cue for CD2. ;)
Yeah, the name is correct. Well it creates the image.nrg file after i have started to burn the .cue file, it asks where I wanna save it. If I dont click ok (And save it to some folder) it will cancel the burning.

And I didnt understand a word what you said in the 2nd part of your post?! :shock: :? I try to figure out something.. :? :(
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like I said, fireburner :)

I double click the .cue file in explorer, fireburner loads up, I put in my disk & select burn from the menu, and it goes ahead and burns it just fine.

Daemon tools is another good suggestion for mounting images to check they're good, and it'll emulate a CD/DVD drive to test install procedures, etc.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

What JustG meant was to follow these instructions
http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive ... h_nero.cfm
  • Joni1
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey awesome! Thanks for the link! I hope it works this time. :)
(I'm burning the .cue file now with NeroVision Express 2 ;) ) Hope it works after that! :)

And does it matter that is the CD -RW or -R!? Couse I will 1st try to burn them on -RW.. And if it works, then to CD-R.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Let us know if it worked.
  • jc_m15
  • Born
  • Born
  • jc_m15

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm trying to solve the same problem. I've done what you've told the other person to do, simply burn the bin file by dragging the cue file into alcohol. In fact, I didn't really do that, the software just automatically gave me that option for me to choose.
But when I try to use the cd, I receive an error message saying that "the verson of windows cannot be installed on this machine" Now I haven't read the forum rules in here yet. But I presume you would've realised that I'm trying to install a downloaded file of Windows xp pro on the net. So could that be the problem. Coz the file is not protected.
  • jc_m15
  • Born
  • Born
  • jc_m15

Post 3+ Months Ago

I mean "protected" ?
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Unfortunately, if you are trying to install a pirated version of Windows, no one here is going to help you. More than likely you downloaded a bad copy which serves you right.
  • wonderland
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: P.R.China

Post 3+ Months Ago

the problem seems not to be with the machine, nero, alcohol or cd-r(w), it seems that all these mess happened simply because the image you have downloaded!

generally speaking, Nero is accurate and Alcohol is easy to use.
but if you want to record encrypted(protected) discs, the best choice is Alcohol + Alcoholer.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts