Can't print after installing XP service pack 2.

• Marlene
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: South Coast, NSW, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I downloaded and installed windows xp service pack 2 from the microsoft website, now my printer is not working. I don't know if it is because of the download, but, it worked fine just before i did it. :(
I have a Canon Multipass MPC 190. Every tiem i try to print i am getting an error message:

Unable to communicate with device.Please sart MP service then right click on the status monitor to reconnect.

I do this but nothing happens. I then get this message:

The print job failed. Unable to communicate with device.

I have checked all the connections and everything is connected properly. I don't understand how it can just stop working....I need help.... :cry:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think this is a known issue Marlene, there should be a patch available from Canon for this printer and Sp2, lemme check if it is available already.

//EDIT: ok here it is:
1- Download this file from Canon: http://download.canon.com.au/mpc190patch/mp4x0tMPSxpsp2.EXE
2- Run the patch and reboot windows

Let us know if it works
  • Marlene
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: South Coast, NSW, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry i took so long to get back to you on this, i had to take my son to swimming lessons.

Unfortualtely that patch didn't work. :( But, i did fond some information on another forum that worked for me....I hope it can work for others...

edit the file MPNETIPC.INI, change 127.0.0.2 in this file to 127.0.0.1, this will fix your problems. the file should be located in \windows\system32

I then had to go into the status monitor and reconnect and now it is working.....

Thanks for your time, i really appreciate it. :D
  • JrzyCrim
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great Marlene! Glad you sorted out your problem. We really appreciate you posting the solution. I'm sure others will benefit from this information.
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

You are welcome Marlene, we are here to help any time. Glad you found your solution.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts