cant install windows

• goingcrazylazy
  • Born
  • Born
  • goingcrazylazy

Post 3+ Months Ago

please help!!!!!!! ive tried fdisk /mbr, then fdisk deleted all, then created new.. rebooted... format c:/s/u....then rebooted to c drive no problem.... then put in windows xp cd goes through the first couple of things where is loads files and things, then when it says setup is starting windows to finish the process...(when it is suppose to ask do u want to install windows etc....) its does nothing just stays there saying setup is starting windows....tried to install windows 98se but when its says scanning registery it just sits there doing nothing, tried again and it said something about system file. cab bad or something... i know the cd is good installed to another computer....tried again and nothing, it said packed file corrupt...tried again this time nothing at all, several attempts nothing... How in the world am i going to get windows on the damn hard drive??????
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• goingcrazylazy
  • Born
  • Born
  • goingcrazylazy

Post 3+ Months Ago

put hard drive in another computer loaded windows no problem...put back in to other computer. not enough extended memory or something
please help asap........
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have posted this at least 3 times before, and not certain it will help, but try taking out your cmos battery in the defunct computer and trying again. Also, with XP, there's no need to go through all the formatting stuff. As long as your computer can access and read the CD, then the program should do it on it's own. You can format via the install CD when it prompts for it, if needed.
  • goingcrazylazy
  • Born
  • Born
  • goingcrazylazy

Post 3+ Months Ago

didnt work on the battery thing, but now when i try to load win98se, it is saying scanning system registry.........then pauses for a min.. then says packed file is corr..

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts