Cant write on DVD-R

• alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well i have a dvd writer and i around 10 DVD-R so i was writting data on one of them, i wrote around 200 mb of data using Nero and i also checked the multisession check. Then after i wrote 200mb data i popped out the cd .. Then i realized i had more data to write and i popped the same cd in and tried to utilize the remaining space in it but nero says the disk is write protected or full .. I tried to write another blank dvdr it worked okey but when i tried to write it 2nd time, it just doesnt let me .. What's the problem with it !
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

It seems Nero has issues with multisession DVD's from what I am gathering on the net but no one is able to pinpoint why. Nero's website was of no help.

Maybe some more info will help.

What version of Nero?
What DVD burner?

Anything other info you think would be of assistance will be appreciated.
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its nero 6 and i have a Sony Dvd-rw drive. Also, the cd's which im using are pretty old and they were like stored away for quite sometime .. Around an year i think. I bought a pack of 10 and i only used 3-4 of them when i bought them. Now i tried writting the others and its giving me this problem.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

It could be Nero 6, it could be the drive, it could be the media.

Unfortunately all I can suggest is downloading Nero7 and buy new name brand disks and see if that solves your problem.
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm .. I hope its not the drive, its only an year old. Ill try Nero 7 and tell you guys.
  • Thayk
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Durianburg, Philippines. Spent time in South Pole

Post 3+ Months Ago

difintely its not the drive, brother. i have almost the same problem with my DVD burner before. others said some installed virtual CDs like Magic ISO, Daemon tools, may interfer with the functionality of Nero. Download Nero 7. it may fix the problem. mine was resolved by completely reinstalling the OS. btw, we share the same passion for football. i cheer for Arsenal.....
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Arsenal? Heh they're not doing so good at the moment though.. Good luck against chelsea though i hope you guys beat them :D.

Anyway can you provide me a link to download Nero 7? And yes i have got Deamon Tools installed.
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Strange problem now .. i wrote 10 documents on a cdrw and i erased the whole disk and wrote the 10 documents in it. On my computer the cd works fine but when i take it to the other comptuer it shows me the old files ... whats going on

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts