Pc case modding

• Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge
  • Loc: nashua nh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys i was thinking of changing the side panel of my case im sick of having all of that black its just boring so i was thinking should i add something like this to the case like cut it out and put some lights

• Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Riverdale, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

I did that to one of my cases but then realized that it was a pretty dumb idea since my computer's in my room so, I eventually took the lights out so I could sleep at least a little.
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have the Thermaltake Xaser III VM3000 case ( http://www.thermaltake.com/xasercase/vm3000/vm3000a.htm ) and it has a similar honeycomb see-through side panel, I have a blue-light with a switch that I bought separetly. Pretty cool effect and gets some cheap ooh's and ahh's when the friends come over. Its all about making your computer look and feel elite, so go for it! But do make sure if you get a case light that it has a switch, coz that bad boy lights up the room if you leave it on. Not to mention I have the blue-light temperature gauge on the front panel on 24/7, so its always an adventure going to bed at night!
  • Efan
  • Loc: New Zealand

Post 3+ Months Ago

I cut my case side pannel with a jigsaw ( Not allways the best idea but does the job ) and then put a window in it , and then took the window to my father's workshop ( Glass Workshop ) and he carefull cut out 2 holes for the 2 blue led 80mm fans. I think it looks great , and I can turn off the lights and the led's on the fans ( I dont like do it because it can somtimes stuff them up) what's another plus.
  • Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah i was also wondering i found a cool fan at best buy

this one

or this one

do u think that blue would be a good color in a alll black case ??? or wat about red
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki
  • Loc: Edinburgh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Blue or Alien Ware green would be good.

I have a blue fan on mine and its pretty cool, thinking of changing to green though.
  • Lefty
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: North Dakota, United States

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google currently shows about 5,640,000 sites that deal with case moding. I always love to get ideas from google, just type in case modification and images and see what kind of ideas you can come up with. You should also be able to get an idea of color matching. Try some of these other sites as well. The only modification I have is a window with a blue LED fan and an external LED on the front with case temps etc..

I have never bought from these two, but the stuff they had looked cool.

http://www.crazypc.com/

http://www.xpcgear.com/casemodding.html
  • Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge

Post 3+ Months Ago

allright thanks for the suggestion and those sites but i cant buy from online my mom doesent trust it and she says its easier to just hit best buy or circuit city or comp usa to fix it if it break or watever
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki

Post 3+ Months Ago

Get yourself a debit card !!! :D
  • Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge

Post 3+ Months Ago

im 14......................i cant be trusted with one lol
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Skirge, its a shame you dont just go to whatever version of china town you have where you live and buy this stuff! I bought my case light for like $5, and they have that exact fan you're looking at for $6.99. Best Buy is a rip off after boxing day! :D But whatever makes you/your mom more comfortable, its only a matter of a few dollars anyway.
  • Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge

Post 3+ Months Ago

im trying to point her in the direction of buying me a 10 dollar case from new egg but with shipping it costs 26 bucks witch is pretty cheap lol

but i want a superlanboy mid tower sooooo bad!!! i found one on ebay the bidding starts at 10 bucks but it doesent say shipping
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Riverdale, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

you get what you pay for.. I would stay away from a $10 case although, it may be perfectly fine. I got an aluminum Lian-Li case and it's been the most amazing thing ever.
  • grimshit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Wiltshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Go Cheiftec Dragon Towers :P. Get a decent full tower case, the cheap ones are usually really small and offer hardly any airflow through them.

*plum*
  • IMP_Batch
  • Student
  • Student
  • IMP_Batch

Post 3+ Months Ago

I bought my case for £7.99 @ http://www.ebuyer.co.uk and its great comes wiv a sblue LED side fan and i bought two extra fans for £1.98 (99p each) GREAT value... delivery was sh*t tho lol
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki

Post 3+ Months Ago

IMP_Batch wrote:
I bought my case for £7.99 @ http://www.ebuyer.co.uk and its great comes wiv a sblue LED side fan and i bought two extra fans for £1.98 (99p each) GREAT value... delivery was sh*t tho lol

I've never had any trouble with Ebuyer to be honest. Always been spot on with delivery.

I hate to admit it but you can get some great bits and pieces on ebay [ *GAG* - cant beleive I just said that ]. I bought some 12" Cold Cathodes for £5 including delivery [ approx US $8 ] and they arrived first class the next day.

Theres loads of great stuff out there. Just got to look around ! :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts