Changing the colour in your laser mouse from red to whatever

• 5k1LLz
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • 5k1LLz

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know people can do this just wondering if there are any online things that give me more info...i want to try and tackle this job and change my laser mouse opitical micosoft its red right now to green.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not a problem. Get out your soldering gun:
http://www.liewcf.com/blog/archives/200 ... cal-mouse/
  • 5k1LLz
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • 5k1LLz

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice, Thank you.
  • TomK
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just so you know, you may lose some responsiveness if you mod the colour of the laser. I read this in a thread about a guy who changed his red laser to a blue laser but he switched back because the responsiveness was horrible. Just a heads up.
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

The last time I tried to change an optical mouse from red to blue, it became pretty much unusable. It looked really cool, but the mouse pointer jerked a lot, sometimes went completely the other way, or just didn't respond at all.
There's a reason that all the optical mice you see are red, and that's because it works. If it worked with blue/green/yellow/whatever, then manufacturers would have started producing them long ago.

Also, just to point out, LED Optical mice are NOT laser mice. Right now, logitech makes the only laser mouse, and it doesn't light up at all (except in the infrared spectrum)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

For a detailed explanation in agreement with ScienceOf Spock, use this handy reference:

Quote:
The camera of the sensor is adjusted on light perception in the red spectrum of radiation (l = 639 nm). Therefore the red LED is used, and its main problem is to provide the sensor’s operation on the whole surface even with a minimum quantity of emitted light. The more the brightness of illumination, the more types of surfaces the sensor will work on.
In order to ensure the uniform surface illumination, the light from LED passes through the light-guide. After that it is dispersed by lens. Through other lens the sensor reads out the image of surface.

http://www.uniqueics.com/htmls/od_optical_mouse.htm
  • XDUDE
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Colorado, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

there are companys that make blue and green pre made mice....

http://www.xoxide.com/razer-diamondback ... mouse.html

that is one i can think of,might just be worth it to buy a new one that is in the color that you want...some of the LED's used have IR (Infrared) even in the LED's to help track...not all use this but some of the "better" ones do and i dont know of any LED's you can buy(in any color)that also have IR in them....

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts