Changing Video Card Issue

• manuleka
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: NZ, Wellington

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've just changed video card! from a RADEON 9100 64MB DDR RAM to a GEFORCE 4 Titanium 4200 128MB RAM.

My system spec: AMD Athlon XP2500+ (Barton ofcourse), Epox-8RDA3+, 40Gb Seagate HD.... Running Windows XP Home SP2

Now before i installed the new video card i uninstalled the Radeon Card Drivers. Then computer switched of, i swapped the Cards and Boot up the system again. I had the latest nView Forceware on a CD (from PC Magazine) installed then reboot.

It seemed work ok but i realize that everytime i start up the computer the resolution and color depth is set back to 800X600 and 16bit respectively, it's annoying...

Is there a way of resolving this annoyance?

thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very strange problem. Make sure that the GEFORCE card is set as your primary card. Go to Control Panel -> Display and under the settings tab the GEFORCE card should be Default and just below that the checkbox options "Use this device as my primary monitor" and Extend my Windows Desktop onto this monitor" should both be checked. Other than that, I have no idea why it should keep resetting on its own.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts