cheap quality RAM???

• mystery_cat
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Singapore, Asia

Post 3+ Months Ago

is there any cheap and quality memory out there (in singapore)?

(DDR or DDR2)
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki
  • Loc: Edinburgh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Kingston Value RAM is quiet reasonable and avliable on a global scale.
  • sandman6471
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • sandman6471
  • Loc: In My Dreams

Post 3+ Months Ago

I believe Corsair makes a value brand of memory also.
  • EliteHunter
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Under Your Bed

Post 3+ Months Ago

well how much ram do you want?
  • XDUDE
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Colorado, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

there are NO cheep sticks of ram out there that u well not end up having problems with somewhere down the road,i found out that hard way....it is worth it to spend the extra and get good ram..i would say corsair XMS or PRO....
  • grimshit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Wiltshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

XDUDE wrote:
there are NO cheep sticks of ram out there that u well not end up having problems with somewhere down the road,i found out that hard way....it is worth it to spend the extra and get good ram..i would say corsair XMS or PRO....

Thats definatly not true, ive been using GeIL value 9 months, its never failed me yet, and ive had 3.8 volts running through it and its still fine. I would recoment the GeIL value DDR2 and DDR as well as Corsair value DDR. Any other branded value DDR or DDR2 should be fine.
  • Bgnn32
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Bgnn32
  • Loc: Western Mass

Post 3+ Months Ago

XDUDE wrote:

Not true I build a lot of systems and usually go with Kingston Value RAM and I have never had a RAM issue with any of them
  • XDUDE
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

i never said your computer would not work with cheep RAM,but i promise u that if u went out and got some top preforming expensive RAM your computers (with cheep RAM in them now) would run a LOT better..i used cheep ram for 2 years and when i finally broke down and spent a few hundred bucks per stick instead of in total,my computer ran like hell and i knew how much cheep RAM well make you live with with out u even knowing it...ONCE AGAIN i never said cheep RAM wont get u up and running and stay running...but one of my sayings is.."in the computer world,u get what u pay for"...not that some companys wont try and rip u off but if u want your computer to run problem free and as fast as it can,don't get cheep RAM..i did,and once u buy "better" RAM u find out how much cheep RAM is really worth...

Sorry guys..it might be that i do a lot of high end computer work,but still....
  • Bgnn32
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Bgnn32
  • Loc: Western Mass

Post 3+ Months Ago

you build a computer with it's intended use in mind, and for your average user the beneifit vs cost of the high end stuff (like hyper X) dosen't make sense. I run Kingston Hyper X in my personal system because I want the most powerful thing I could build and had the money to spend. But when you have a 30 something guy walk in and ask you to build him a system that he can do light gaming and play around with the internet with for as low of a cost as possible the high end RAM is not justifiable, and that is the most typical computer I build for customers is a web machine.

Now this guy asked "is there any cheap and quality memory out there (in singapore)?" and it was answered the Kingston Value RAM was a good deal which it is, is it the latest greatest thing? no, but when you are on a budget it works really good is very reliable and cheap.
  • XDUDE
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

thats fine..but now if someone looks at this form and see what i said and they can get the bigger RAM then they know it is worth the money if they want the best(so to speak)...u don't have to tell me that...there are SOME people out there that buy cheep RAM when they can get the better Ram and i just wanted them to know that is all they need and can get is the "value" Ram that it well work(never said it would not)..LIKE I SAID ABOVE but if they are planning on doing anything more than LIKE U SAID,web surfing/lite gaming then they WILL have problems....i think what the thing is with most of the people on here is they think that once an answer for the first posted question is answered,this form is done,and that should not be the case because each form,even if it is 4 years old,if everyone puts all they know on it even if it dose not answer the first question posted to a "T" someone can log on and get the FULL story on cheep RAM...thats ALL i am trying to do here..and who knows it might even save someone some problems with there RAM because the spent even 10 more bucks on a stick of ram instead of getting the "cheapest"........and like i said above..i used cheep RAM for 2 years,my computer worked and i was then on a budget but when i could upgrade i did have some problems that i didn't even know where there get fixed with the new RAM...so thats y i said what i said,because it is the truth and thats what we should put on these forms...

SO....The low down:
Cheep RAM - Works GREAT for low tech - non demanding apps.
High Cost RAM - The best - takes care of ANY and ALL problems that u MAY or MAY NOT know about/have...

THAT is ALL i was saying....
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki
  • Loc: Edinburgh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Come on lads, this post is getting a little flamey and thats not why we are here.

Points of view:

XDUDE - If your looking to do high end rendering / video encoding etc stay away from cheaper RAM modules [ makes sense really ].

Bgnn32 - If you only looking to play a few games / surf the iNet and word process, value RAM should suit your needs.

Simple as that.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts