Cisco & ADSL problem - (now sorted.)

• HongKongPhooey
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi folks,

has anyone here had any experience of connecting a Cisco 800 series router (specifically an 857 in my case) to a UK ADSL line?

I have all the connection specs from BT Broadband, and I've used the Cisco SDM software to try and configure the router, but I can never get past a flashing 'Carrier Detect' light on the box. It looks like it isn't authenticating at all.

I have a Netgear router currently connected, and that works fine, so I know the ADSL link is OK.

I have a little experience of Cisco kit, but not a lot, and I'm completely stumped now!

I can post more details if anyone thinks they can help .... config file and the likes.

It's a swine ... :?
  • HongKongPhooey
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Problem is fixed :D

Anyone else having a similar issue can mail me, and I'll give you a pointer in the right direction.

Turns out a Cisco 800 can be VERY problematic connecting to a UK ADSL line, if you get unlucky with the Telco equipment you're connecting to.

Moi
:D
  • hermanek
  • Born
  • Born
  • hermanek

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi,
so happens that i have exactly the same problem , could you please post a solution? I sent you an email but i'm not sure if it went through ok.
cheers

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts