coffee spilt on my dell inspron 3521 and wont do anything

• Otsile
  • Born
  • Born
  • Otsile

Post 3+ Months Ago

please help me out, I spilt coffee on my dell inspiron 3521 and the laptop can not do anything when I press the power button...will an ordinary warrantee cover such accidents?thank u in advance
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

no
  • gmulak
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Tustin, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Unfortunately a standard warranty doesn't usually cover such things. I have been able to recover a laptop then this does happen though. I immediately remove the battery. Take the laptop appart, and dip and wash it in a shallow pan half-full of rubbing alcohol. I then use a VERY soft brush, especially if it had cream or milk in it, and then a soft can of air to blow it all dry. It is not for the faint of heart though, of course. It takes hours. If a tech does it, he either owes you a favor or it will probably cost more than the laptop is worth! :-) If you can't do anything else, just remove the batter at least--and do it immediately! Then find someone to help.
  • Husky Lover
  • Born
  • Born
  • Husky Lover

Post 29 days ago

Well I have a HP and unfortunately some Kool Aid spilt on it I tried to turn it on but nothing happened. I tried to charge it still nothing all it did was flash the button off and on. Now I'm putting it in rice but some rice got in all of the little holes only the charger hole doesn't have rice in it. Any Suggestions???
Thank You. :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts