Command Line Failure

• jonmathew
  • jonmathew

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hellloooo All,

I have a doubt. One of my system in my office got turned off due to power failure. After that when i turned it on.. it shows " COMMAND LINE FAILURE PRESS F4 TO CONTINUE ". I searched on the web for this problem, and some of them mentioned to disable the "S.M.A.R.T" on bios. I am using Intel 845GVSR MB and i could not find the option to disable S.M.A.R.T". Please help me solve this issue.

:arrow: Regards,
John.
  • gizm0
  • Loc: York

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey John,

Are you able to get past the POST? after you hit F4 what happens? I would try to get into safe mode (or the grub loader if you're running linux) and check the boot loader. If you can't get into safe mode, i'd look into getting a bart PE disk and loading the OS off of the CD rom. This way at least you would be able to run some disk diagnostics to determine if it is the disk or not.

Don't get me wrong, i've seen power outtages do some pretty weird things to computers, but if everything was working fine before I can't imagine that the outtage would change the SMART setting in your BIOS to be enabled....especially considering you can't even find the setting in there.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts