Compatability.. Any red flags?

• MBomberZ1
  • MBomberZ1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here is what im getting for my new compy and wondering if anyone would be kind enough to double check my stuff for compatability or anything that sticks out which might make it not worth it.. not asking for an indepth analysis or anything just use your common knowledge, im new to AMD if you hadnt read my other post. I appriciate the help, thanks.

Buying the following:

-Mobo ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939

-CPU AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice Integrated into Chip

-GPU BFGTech 6800GT OC (x2)

Have the following (keeping from current compy)

-Ram Geil DDR 400 PC3200 2x512 (x2)

-PSU Enermax 550 eg651p-ve

-HDD Just a WD 120gig 7200.

-Ryan
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

nothing sticks out to me, but you may wanna add some fans, especially since you will be running a sli system. [if you have already taken that into consideration, then disregard my aforementioned comment.] another thing, unless you are buying a retail cpu, it wont come with cooler, so get one of those.

seriously though, i would wait a teeny bit before buying anything because as anyone in this forum will tell you, 2-6 months from now, the kid down the block is gonna have a better comp that you, because he waited a little bit. newer, more powerful components are always being released. it really depends on when you want the computer
  • MBomberZ1
  • MBomberZ1

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the reply, i think im going to just get 1 of the 6800GTs and just have the possiability of going SLI depending on what the classes i take next quarter are and how much a 2nd graphics card could help me with my school work/games., the mobo it self seems great and the option to go would be nice, with only 1 it drops me down to like $840 for basicly a new computer which isnt bad and will easily last me a year i would hope.

-Ryan
  • Psilokan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Psilokan
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

With an asus motherboard as your backbone, I doubt you'll have too much to worry about. Every asus board I've used has continued to run rock solid for years. Other boards I've bought do crazy things like have capacitors explode....
Enermax makes nice power supplies too...
  • lhuser
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
GPU BFGTech 6800GT OC (x2)

If it's AGP, it's not compatible. If it isn't, go with ATI Radeon X600, then you'll talk to me about decent performance

If your video card takes PCI-E, then fine

Which got to be this one:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts