My computer 'beeps' while playing certain games.

• YellingInMyEar
  • YellingInMyEar

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys,

I decided to construct a new pc from scratch about 6 months ago, and since i've noticed something wierd.

In certain 3D games, I notice that sometimes my CPU will beep, sometimes it's just once, sometimes it's twice. It doesn't happen that often but when it does i find it perculiar as it doesn't acctually impact on the game at all and nothing acctually happens... what could this be? I've been using this PC for about 6 months despite the beeps and nothing has happened to my computer. I'm wonder what could it be and could it potentially be bad? Thanks people.

Just for informations sake, the beeps are short rather than long. I know that certain beeps mean certain things.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

if the beeps are occuring when youre putting significant stress on the system, chances are that something is overheating and that the computer is warning you about this. if you can give us the motherboard brand and model number, and beep sequence, we'll be able to help you more. also make sure all your components are well guarded against heat. make sure that the heatsinks and fans are placed properly and are operating and clean any dust out of your system.
  • Evenhost
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

My computer does that sometimes, its the computer warning me thats its overheating, its not actually overheating but the vaulues in the bios are set to low check in your bios to see how hot the computer has to get before it thinks its overheating and then cross reference this with your manufacturers over heat values.
  • YellingInMyEar
  • YellingInMyEar

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, it depends. Sometimes the beep is just once, like "beeeeep"

Sometimes it'll beep twice - "Beeeep (then a pause) beeeeeeep"

the comp temp is fine (i have a display on the front of my tower that tells me the temperature) it's normally at about 70-80. Sometimes it stretches to 90 odd but i'm told this temperature is fine.

Also I shall look in my bios as evenhost suggested, this may acctually be what the problem is. At what temperature would a computer over heat at?
  • limbo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • limbo
  • Loc: Pitcairn Island

Post 3+ Months Ago

70-80 degrees...what the? Mine using speedfan...stays at 40-50 degrees. I don't know, might be because i got a 120mm fan at the front. Or the fact I live near Antarctica lol.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts