Computer Crash ~no video input~ Please Help!!!

• xGazzAx
  • Born
  • Born
  • xGazzAx

Post 3+ Months Ago

xGazzAx here

I'm not certain if there is just a simple solution to this or a more advanced one but here's the problem:

It only occurs when playing games,
The computer crashes and then the screen prompts "no video input" although i can still hear the PC running it does not respond.
The crash is accompanied by a short freeze in the sound which then stops.
The only solution I have to this problem at the moment is to turn off the PC by pressing the power button on the case.
No error log is recorded.

I have been having this computer crash for ages, before and after I upgraded my PC myself.

I have searched the internet and haven't found any problem guides that matched my exact problem so I am desperate for help. Lol

I have updated my drivers to the latest version (that I am aware of).

Could this problem be temperature related? (I say this because it seems like the crash occurs when the computer has been running a game for a decent amount of time and if i restart the computer straight after the crash and go back to playing games it seem to crash more frequently)

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am just having to turn off the PC at every crash.

PC Specs:
Geforce 8800gt graphics card
MSI neo fx mobo
3 gbs of ram
500 watt PSU
2 x 12 cm fans
1 x 10 xm fan
AMD athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 4600+, 2.41
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does the PC see all 3GB of ram? Where did you look for an error log, in the event viewer?
  • xGazzAx
  • Born
  • Born
  • xGazzAx

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the prompt response!
I used the whocrashed freeware, it said that there where no error reports in the dump file. It does register the 3 GBs of ram under the properties tab from my computer, although there is 1 short beep on post which i read means there is a ram error. Do you think i should remove and place back the RAM? I haven't done it in awhile and i have moved the case around alot.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

It can't hurt. Reset the memory sticks, since you moved the tower alot.
  • xGazzAx
  • Born
  • Born
  • xGazzAx

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok ill try that tonight and tell you if it works. By the way a correction to my thread
The prompt on the black screen is actually "No signal" not no video input. Sorry my mistake.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

The PC could be overheating. Run it without the cover on it. Are both fans running?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts