Computer Freezes on Games

• liltman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • liltman
  • Loc: England, Hartlepool, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all, until recently I could run games fine (then I upgraded to a quad core and a new motherboard) and you would think it would run better...it does until it freezes...it's not a complete free, I can press ctrl alt del and then it comes back onto the game and I can play again. I am sure I had this problem years ago, and I am sure it was heat problem, however everything looks ok and my new cpu is half the temp my old one was!

This is my speck:
Core 2 Quad Q8300 (it is supposed to run at 2.5 GHz but it's only running at 2GHz and can not seem to change the setting in the bios)
Asrock P43DE
Geforce 7900 GTO (I am going to upgrade this later maybe, for now it does the job)
4GB RAM
Windows 7 64 Bit

Here are some speedfan screenshots:

Also, when I am listening to music via windows media player, every now and then sound stops for one second, no more, just a quick stop then plays again.

I am really not sure what the problem is but if anyone can help then this would be much appreciated.
Thanks everyone, let me know if you need any more information, speck wise etc.
  • liltman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • liltman
  • Loc: England, Hartlepool, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys just tested it more, memory test didn't show any problems.

Just had a go of a game and the graphics tore apart, first time that has happened (at the time it froze) I then came out of game and speedfan had a lil flame on my GPU and said it was at 52C ...eek!

I didn't think that was too high for a graphics card but if it is showing a flame it must be bad.

Do you think my card is on it's way out or is it just too hot?

What I do not understand is why now with a new motherboard and cpu, it never caused problems before.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts