My computer is freezing up when in a game

• Mav06
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Mav06

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

i have a problem with my computer freezing up when i am playing a game. I have a 2.3 celeron 768 ram geforce fx 5600 ultravid card, and i just bought a 3.2 p4 and found out that my mb can't hold it lol opps. I took of sp2 cuz i read that sp2 has had problems interfearing with games and haveing to do a hard boot. so any advice would be greatly apperatied.

Matthew
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Sheepdip
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Castle Anthrax

Post 3+ Months Ago

What game are you playing?

I was playing good ole Halo and Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory recently and partially toasted by video card somehow. It would seemingly lock-up my PC, but by using the good-ole Ctrl-Shift-Esc, I was able to close the program and miraculously my machine was back to normal.

I replaced the video card with an exact duplicate (GeForce2 MX-400) and the problems went away. The old video card works great in non graphic intensive apps (non-3D), but it still does that lock-up deal when I try running anything 3D (except Backyard Baseball 2005, which works for some odd reason?!)
  • Lefty
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: North Dakota, United States

Post 3+ Months Ago

When you uninsall a SP it sometimes leaves crap all over the place. With out knowing the game and repeating the same instance it's hard to tell. Does it always happen at the same place and same time? Same game or different games?
  • Mav06
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Mav06

Post 3+ Months Ago

No it does it at random times and on random games if it frezzes then i can just reboot and countinue playeing but its annoying and realyl not good for my computer having to do a hard boot.
  • Mav06
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Mav06

Post 3+ Months Ago

just played MOA (medal of Honor) and my graphics were weird. it was having a hard distingguishing objects. say there is a wooden box on the floor well you would c the box but it would kinda glitch and you would c the ground on the other side of the box were you should c the box. it was as if you were looking though the box. it also did it many other ocasions.
  • Lefty
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: North Dakota, United States

Post 3+ Months Ago

I play many games and also have SP2, but that doesn't mean that could be part of your problem. Since it looks like it's mostly your graphics card, ensure you have the latest drivers for your card, if you have done this, you might have to swap out another video card to see if you continue to have the problems, since it's always in games where you have your problems.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts