Computer keeps rebooting, cant start windows or in safemode

• k2010
  • Born
  • Born
  • k2010

Post 3+ Months Ago

Professional advice would be much appreciated.

When switching on the computer I get the following message on a black screen:

We appologise for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this. If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders... or if a previous startup attempt was interrupted ....

choose:

Safe Mode

Safe Mode with Networking

Safe Mode with Command Promt

Last Known Good Configuration

Start Windows Normally

When I choose either of the first 3 options, I get the following scrolls (of about 50+ lines that I cant read as they run too fast). The last 3 lines are:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\NDIS.SYS

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\TVALZ.SYS

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\Mup.sys

Then the computer restarts and back to the same page again. When I choose Last Known Good Configuration or Start Windows Normally, the computer just reboots. I dont particularly care about this laptop but need all the saved folders and files as nothing is backed up. I am thinking the hard drive might be corrupt (although its not making any funny noices).

PLEASE HELP!!!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

The easiest way I know to recover the files is to use a USB HD enclosure. If it's a SATA drive, you would need a SATA HD enclosure. Tigerdirect sells them.
  • ozmaster

Post 3+ Months Ago

Since the data in the hard disk is very important to you, I would suggest the following steps for you to recover your data.

1. Power off and disconnect the adapter wire from your laptop.
2. Dismantle the hard disk from your laptop. Normally the hard disk is located at the back of the laptop; you would need fine Philip screwdriver to dismantle the screws that hold the hard disk cover. Be careful when you remove the connector socket from the hard disk as the connector pins are very fine and can be damaged easily.
3. Put the hard disk to a hard disk enclosure as Don2207 said and attach it to another pc that is working perfectly.
4. Power on the pc and when the OS has finished loading, copy the content of the corrupted drive data to the pc.
  • DESROYER
  • Born
  • Born
  • DESROYER
  • Loc: philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi k2010

A simple advice....

You should let a technician check your computer it might be a hardware problem most probably your processor was heating too much....

I have encountered the same problem with my computer and I just changed the thermal compound of my processor and after that it work fine already...

Thanks
  • netrider7880
  • Student
  • Student
  • netrider7880

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi i think the problem is in some loose cables.just open the case and reset the harddisc cables,reset the cables from motherboard,reset ram and try it.eventhough still no use,just clean all your fans in computer since dust may be an issue which leads to heat the computer. sure its a hardware issue that i faced similar and solve it .

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts