• Born
  • Born
  • danelen

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok guys my computer is brand new, it is from Ibuypower. The specs are

amd athlon 64 x2 4600+
2g of ram
Nvidia 7950 gt 512mb

I will be playing stuff like oblivion, BF2 and other games and it will randomly shut down. It will stay on for days though without games.
  • PolishHurricane
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Graphics card overheating or corrupted, or drivers incorrectly installed. Post more info about exactly what's happening if you want better help. Try reinstalling drivers & making sure it's clean. Make sure it's not overheating. If all that fails, check for hardware physical damage (IE Pull the card out and look at it).
  • danelen
  • Born
  • Born
  • danelen

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK basically it will shut down smack in the middle of a game and then will start to reboot and my screen goes into power saver mode, i also ran everest while having my comp on, and my spu runs at 70F, my aux at 75F, my GPU at 115F. WHy is my GPU so much higher, we have liquid cooling and everything. How do i check to see if it is truely my graphics card.
  • PolishHurricane
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay my bad, it could be also your CPU. If it is something to do with Gaming then either your CPU or GFX card is overheating. If you have some sort of crazy ass water cooling system though, then it's probably an actual physical hardware problem, especially if you just bought the computer. If you really can't tell which one it is and you have a spare gfx card, I'd try to use it and run a game that would normally crash after having the computer on for a while at like high settings. That way it can help you determine if it is your CPU or Vid Card.

danelen wrote:
It will stay on for days though without games.

You don't literally leave it on for days though right? That would be bad. Sure as heck beats the manufacturer's testing requirements for the computer, lol.
  • tweakboy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • tweakboy
  • Loc: Glendale

Post 3+ Months Ago

Definitely heat issue,

get proper cooling going and case ventilation,

gl,
  • Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge
  • Loc: nashua nh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try Re seating the processor ( Take out the Processor, Clean it and put thermal paste on.)

And if that doesn't work then you can take a look at other parts like the Video card

And as mentioned above Try to Reinstall Drivers for your video card.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts