computer will not start windows has power

• dreamaker7
  • dreamaker7

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a HP Pavillion Desktop with an AMD 3000XP chip set with onboard video and sound. When you press the power button everything lights up and the comp. seems to start going through its checks before starting windows, then it cuts off like its in a standby mode or something and windows never starts. The hardrive never initializes, and the moniter is saying it's in a power save mode. The fan on the power supply is not working but the green light is on, on the back of the power supply, and there is power help me pleeeeez :!:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki
  • Loc: Edinburgh

Post 3+ Months Ago

How far into the POST does the PC get?

Can you get access to Safe Mode?
  • dreamaker7
  • dreamaker7

Post 3+ Months Ago

No you don't even see a bios screen on the moniter. Moniter is a 17" LCD and it says computer is going into powersaver mode. I don't think it's getting a signal from the video chip. Can't get into any mode safe or not lol
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is the HDD connected correctly?
  • dreamaker7
  • dreamaker7

Post 3+ Months Ago

I asumed so but I will check that. I will also check all the power plugs on the motherboard. I pulled the hardrive and the system did the samething without the hardrive in it. So maybe it is plugged up wrong or backwards. Or the HDD is froze. Oh man the possibilities are endless.
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki

Post 3+ Months Ago

If the HDD is not nitializing then it probably means the problem lies there somewhere. If you have a spare HDD try booting using that or try your HDD in a friends PC and see what happens.
  • dreamaker7
  • dreamaker7

Post 3+ Months Ago

i guess the next question I have is would this Lets say the HDD wasn't plugged in right. Would that keep the moniter from at least going to a bios screen at start up??? Because the moniter says the pc is going into a power saver mode, then the light in the front of the moniter goes from blue to yellow and so does the computer itself.
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should still be getting the POST screen where its testing for the drives etc.

Try removing the CMOS battery from your Mobo for 10 mins (at least) and see if that helps any.
  • dreamaker7
  • dreamaker7

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok I'll let ya know if this works or not thank you soooooooo much for all yer help. Man is this not the best help forum or what??????
  • SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

if that doesn't work then the problem will most likely be your power supply or motherboard.
  • dreamaker7
  • dreamaker7

Post 3+ Months Ago

Got it!!!!!!!!!! I tried and checked everything you told me and nothing worked then I took out the memory strips cleaned them real good and reseated them plugged everything back up and hit the power buttion and we had lights camera and lots of action. I assume th memory strips were either loose or had a bad connection. It was going into the memory check and when it didn't find them it shut down. Again thank you so much for all yer help. :)
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm, didnt see that one coming :P
  • pipo007

Post 3+ Months Ago

dreamaker7 wrote:
Got it!!!!!!!!!! I tried and checked everything you told me and nothing worked then I took out the memory strips cleaned them real good and reseated them plugged everything back up and hit the power buttion and we had lights camera and lots of action. I assume th memory strips were either loose or had a bad connection. It was going into the memory check and when it didn't find them it shut down. Again thank you so much for all yer help. :)

do you realy fixed this problem doing that? because i have the same problem

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts