Computer won't work with battery in

• RomanC17
  • Born
  • Born
  • RomanC17

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone,
I have a Toshiba Portegé R930 10-V. Bought in Spain in February 2013.

Couple of weeks ago I got a warning saying I should replace the battery. A week later, the laptop would repeatedly turn off at random intervals, just like that. This became more frequent until it wouldn't turn on.
So I bought another laptop battery, and replaced the old one. Plugged it into the power, turned it on and it worked. For about an hour the laptop with battery in worked. Then suddenly again it turned off - whilst still plugged to the power. Now, however, the laptop won't turn on with the battery in - despite it being new. It works when plugged to the power but with the battery out.

Can anyone give me some help on to what to do, and what might be wrong?
Thanks,
Roman
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member
  • Loc: Conroe, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is the battery and/or laptop getting really hot?
  • PuneetJvw
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • PuneetJvw
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Then suddenly again it turned off - whilst still plugged to the power. Now, however, the laptop won't turn on with the battery in - despite it being new. It works when plugged to the power but with the battery out.

How much battery % does it show when you plug it back in?

Is the battery charging?

If the battery is NOT charging or it gets turned of while it is still plugged in then you should show it to your hardware guy or take it to the place from where you got the battery.
  • RomanC17
  • Born
  • Born
  • RomanC17

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, the laptop is not getting hot (as in, it is but I have one of those laptop fan boards underneath). The battery is charging, but will sometimes just turn off when the battery is in (and charged). Thanks guys!
  • LeonardoTion
  • LeonardoTion

Post 81 days ago

Good day, I'm agree that battery don't charging or getting turned of while it still plugged in
  • GustavoWoltmann
  • GustavoWoltmann

Post 39 days ago

I think you don't charge your battery. If you charge battery then your battery have some problem. Also some time this kind of problem show for ram. If your ram is burn. Then your laptop will not be turn on.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts