• Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

AMD Athlon 2000+XP Processor
Epox 8rda3i motherboard with nforce2 chipset
ati 9550 128mb ddr video card
2-256mb ddr kingmax memory
60gb excelstor hdd 7200 rpm
combo dvd-cdrw drive

windows xp doesn't seem to install on the given specs above... whenever i install win xp os with service pack2, it always fails... but when i tried installing win 98, the computer does fine... i tried removing my video card and replacing a geforce4 mx440 128md sdr videocard and windows xp was installed... is there a conflict on my hardware??? i run my system on check it program and all my hardwares are fine... they were running good except that i cannot install windows xp...

it started after installing my new combo drive.... the computer keeps on restarting and after i reformat the hdd, i cant install no more the win xp,... please help... thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• TomK
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why don't you just install XP with the GeForce in and then switch to your new videocard XP is installed?
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Make sure all the hardware is connected, maybe a memory module is loose or even a cable.

You could have also damaged the ATI board. I don't think the card and chipset would "Conflict".

They run on standards to interface with the rest of the computer. All the proprietary coding is transparent to the rest of the system (with the exception of SLI).
  • wurmer
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • wurmer
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

how could i damage my board? i mean that of the vcard? is it possible? what other chances i could damage my board?
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Static Electricity, Oil from your hands, forcing the board into the slot. Insufficient PSU damaging the boards, etc...

A thousand ways you can damage your board.

Your problem seems to be a lot more than a simple chipset vs video card mismatch. It could be an IRQ conflict in the bios, but I think that some peice of hardware is ill-connected or just plain ill.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts