Connect Lap-top to LCD tv

• mikey
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • mikey

Post 3+ Months Ago

sorry if this topic is in the wrong place!

I have a Toshiba lap-top and want to use the tv-out feature to connect it to my new lcd tv

so, i bought a cable which i thought would do the trick.

it has a 4 pin connector at each end - one goes into the s-video out port on the back of my laptop and the other SHOULD have gone into my tv! but , my tv doesnt have an s-video in port!

my tv has Video Input ( a yellow female type port ) I can connect a video cable to this VIDEO IN socket apparently

so, can you tell me which cable i need? seems to me i need a s-video to video input, not s-video to s-video. After lots of googling i think this may possible be called a "s-video to rca AV cable - pc to tv ". Can somebody tell me if this is right? cos i dont want to spend more money on yet another cable that wont work!!

p.s. i also have a DVD player connected to my tv via a scart lead. I have noticed that the DVD player DOES have a s-video OUT port on the back. Is there anyway i could plug my lap top into the DVD player instead with the cable i have bought and view the laptop this way?

any help is apprectiated as a seemingly simple operation is turning into a major headache!

in a nutshell, which sort of cable connects a laptop to a tv via the s-video port on the laptop to the VIDEO IN socket on my tv?

thanks a lot
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds like you need an SVideo to RCA cable
http://www.svideo.com/svideorca.html
  • mikey
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • mikey

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks
  • TopTraffic
  • TopTraffic.org
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

also use the switch key to enable the secondary display .Usualy on laptops is a FN key+a filled square (blue or green)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts