Connecting network card to router

• findus
  • Born
  • Born
  • findus

Post 3+ Months Ago

Greetings all!

I have a little problem with my setup at home. I am using a D-Link Router model DL-804 and so far it's been working flawlessly up until some days ago.

I have 2 computers connected to it, the one I am having trouble with is a CMT Base Model D530 compaq one using a Broadcom Netxtreme network card.

My problem is that I am running with DHCP at home, no static that is. However one of the computers dont get any IP assigned to it so windows give it the bogus one with 169.x.x.x HOWEVER if I change to static IP adress (I am using the 192.168.0.x range at home) I can ping the router, but that is pretty much all I can do.. dont know if that describes my problem enough for you guys to give me some help?

I've tried correcting any cables to make sure they are well connected, even tried switching cable with the other computer, update the drivers, give the troubled computer DMZ with the router... err I've tried having static IP on the troubled one. Oh, one more thing, when the 'bad' computer is running DHCP I can't even ping the router...

ANY help is MOST appreciated!
-Findus Findus
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

How old is the networking card? I recently replaced a network card that had close to the same problem, it turned out it died.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts