cooling system

• luckystrike
  • luckystrike

Post 3+ Months Ago

guys need help , my pc reboots everytime i play online games specifically americas army now i know my problem is (the tempereture in my pc is rising) do you know what cooling system or fan that i have to add to eliminate this problems , should i buy cooling ssytem for my graphc card as well . thank you in advance for any advice.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

You're asking a tricky question. Keeping the inside of your computer as cool as cool can be starts with a well ventilated case, a lot of case fans, a top of the line heat sink, and a lot of tender loving care :wink: . To give you an example, my case has 6 fans and my power supply comes with a thermal conductor that doesnt emit any heat. So it depends on how far you want to go in keeping your system cool.

The most heat is generated from your cpu (especially AMD), so if concentrate on that, you sould be ok. Buy a top of the line heat sink, or if you're set on getting a whole cooling system, thermaltake has one of the better ones I've seen (http://www.thermaltake.com/watercooling/cl-w0005bigwater/cl-w0005.htm). You dont need a cooling system for your graphics card, it doesnt emit a lot of heat. So in conclusion, try more case fans and a wicked awesome heat sink.
  • luckystrike
  • luckystrike

Post 3+ Months Ago

thak you very much for the info, im not really sure if it is the cpu or my video card thats overheating but surely im not overclocking can you suggest program that i can use to monitor the temp on my cpu and video cards as well. but i will surely take suggestion to add more case fan into my pc .
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Luckily my computer case has a sensor attached to the cpu that displays the temperature on my front panel. I've heard good reviews of Motherboard Monitor, it has great features AND its free! Check it out at http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=311, just download it from one of the download locations at the top.

Btw, before buying more fans for your pc, make sure there's room for them. Most cases only allow 2-3 fans max. I have a rather beefed up case that allows for a max of 6 fans, of which I only use 4. So just double check that before you spend your hard earned cash!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts