Core 2 Duo 3.33 or 3.0 ?

• solid12398
  • Born
  • Born
  • solid12398

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok so im looking to get the core 2 duo and all i want to know is if the 3.33ghz version is alot better than the 3,0 ghz. Ive seen the price for the 3.33 much higher than the 3.0 so is it really that much better or am i missing something?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• bamajr
  • Loc: Woodbury, MN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I just got an awesome laptop with a Core 2 Duo T9600 2.8 GHz. It is a Dell Latitude E6500. I run some severly burdonsome applications on it and haven't even made it stutter yet.

I would recommend saving the money! Also, you may look into overclocking. I don't know for sure but some of the chipsets actually advertise the ability of being overclocked. Maybe the 3.0 could be overclocked to 3.3 or better.
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Unless your doing very very math heavy applications (3D Raytracing, Genetic sequencing, encoding very large mpges, etc) all the time you probably won't notice much of a difference.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes and no.
http://www.intel.com/products/processor ... o+tab_spec

Apparently there's a 3.0 model available for both the 65 nm and 45 nm productions, but the 3.33 is only available at the 45 nm.

Here's a side-by-side comparison of the three.
http://compare.intel.com/pcc/showchart. ... ture=en-US

If the 3.0 you're using in price comparisons is of the 65 nm type, yes, the 3.33 is that much better.
Otherwise, no, I don't think so.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've seen some of the comparisons between the 65 and the 45nms ... and the 45nm processors really perform ... but the price is also a bit more for that performance increase ... especially for the 45nm quads.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The 45nm cores also tend to use less energy and produce less heat, which is why they're a bit more pricey.
  • Bgnn32
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Bgnn32
  • Loc: Western Mass

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is all about the core, I would bet the 3.0 you are looking at is not a 45 core.
  • jtrageser
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: server23.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0ghz and it is 45nm. By the way... this thing can be overclocked to 4.0ghz with ease so go with the 3.0ghz... the extra mhz isn't really worth the extra money. The e8400 kicks arse!

Hope this helps :)
  • kikwete
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kikwete

Post 3+ Months Ago

2 procesor core inside 1 procesor, it's just like have 2 brains in 1 head. the 2 in core2duo mean it have new technology compared to core duo procesor (it's like the second generation...
most of the applications like microsoft office, itunes, games you have on your computer are saved in the hard drive, the hard drive is where everything is. when you turn on your computer, the processor wakes up and start loading programs to set up your computer so you can play, work, and do stuff on it.

it first take applications from the hard drive, put it in memory, and then the application goes to the processor where the processor works out the codes and setting and then sends it out to your screen.

for every activity you do on your computer, everything must go first to the processor. the processor is where things get calculated, everything from doing math to running your ipod.

it gets real technical with processors, but a computer with a higher number is usually faster in running applications. the core duo processors, have 2 processors in one, so that they can run faster for you.

pentium core duo2.2 <-- better
pentium core duo 1.8

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts