CPU fan Error! Fatal Error....system halted

• Jesperaudi
  • Jesperaudi

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Guys

I have a 7 yr old Mesh Matrix 2500+ with ASUS A7N8X-VM motherboard running XP home.

I got this message "CPU Fan Error! Fatal Error....system halted" a week or two back so assumed the fan which was still working had lost speed so ordered a new CPU 12v 3 pin fan to fit above the heat sink (60mmx60x25). Unfortunately having replaced the fan I still get the same message.

It is on the first page of loading before booting into Windows; i have a full page of loading the drives, the usb etc and then this message.

It does say press delete to enter set-up but I have tried this and every other F key but it does not seem to stop the sequence.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
Jesper
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hit delete as soon as it starts to boot. I don't know what you're going to do in setup other than set defaults. I think your mother board is bad if you replaced the fan. I wouldn't put any more money into it. There are cheap laptops available that have better specs than your machine.
  • Jesperaudi
  • Jesperaudi

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for advice, though unfortunately pressing delete doesn't seem to work. Someone else has suggested replacing or resetting yhe heat sink but as you suggest it might be time to update and buy something new.

Thanks for taking time to reply

Jesper

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts