CPU hang time

• limpbzkt2002
  • limpbzkt2002
  • Loc: Topeka

Post 3+ Months Ago

I bought a new bios chip for my asus p4s8x mobo. Now when I turn on my computer, it goes to the CMOS and states:

'During the last boot-up, your system hung for an improper frequency combination. Your system is now working in safe mode. To optimize the system performance and reliability, make sure the frequency combination conforms to the specifications of your cpu, dimm, and other connected devices.'

I run a p4 2.53 Ghz. A 512 stick of Kingston. The default setting on the frequency is 140/35. I have tried all of the combinations, and no dice. Any help would be great.

limpbzkt2002
  • Wild Child
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Wild Child

Post 3+ Months Ago

You may need to flash the bios to the latest version, if you bought the chip from asus I would return it as it may not be coded correctly.

WC
  • limpbzkt2002
  • limpbzkt2002
  • Loc: Topeka

Post 3+ Months Ago

It has the newest bios update. It came flashed with it. Flashing it agin would be redundant. It could also fry it again, then i would be out another bios chip. I tried clearing the CMOS. It didn't help. Stills comes up to the CMOS advanced screen and gives me the same error message.
  • Wild Child
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Wild Child

Post 3+ Months Ago

And where did you get the information it would fry your bios....lol....if done properly then it will do know harm to the bios chip, there obviously is a glitch in what they prgrammed. I would send it back or try doing what I said. After doing some other research about that error, I would check your psu also.

WC

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts