CPU heating up a lot

• suicidalsam
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have been having this problem for some time now.When my computer is using a lot of processing power, it heats up a lot .i have installed two fans but it doesnt help at all.

could some one help me with this.Processor zone and System zone 2 heats up.
MOBO: intel 865 gbf
processor: intel pentium 4 3.0 Ghz E

any solutions?
  • jo_cstd
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jo_cstd

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hve you considered installing a Pc cooling device/system like pc vent or a pc aircon? They do a pretty good job.
  • suicidalsam
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

jo_cstd wrote:
Hve you considered installing a Pc cooling device/system like pc vent or a pc aircon? They do a pretty good job.

I have searched for it in all the shops in my city but none of them have anythin else for coolin except simple fan.
  • jo_cstd
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jo_cstd

Post 3+ Months Ago

Up to what temperature does your cpu "heat up" to exactly? how many exhasust/cooling fans do you have installed?
  • suicidalsam
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

jo_cstd wrote:
Up to what temperature does your cpu "heat up" to exactly? how many exhasust/cooling fans do you have installed?

Processor zone heats up to about 65-70 celcious and system zone 2 to about 70 celcious.I had installed two extra fans but saw no difference at all.

It only heats up that much when i play games on run softwares that use up lot of processing power.
  • Cool Dude
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Cool Dude

Post 3+ Months Ago

I ran into this problem, too. Maybe your CPU isn't making contact with the heat sink anymore (the CPU could be warped). I put a silicon cooling compound between the CPU and heat sink, and I never had the problem again. I'm forgetting the name of the product, but it comes as a paste in a small tube. You can get it from Radio Shack.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts