CPU usage at 100 with Facebook

• robert78.5
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • robert78.5
  • Loc: Manitoba

Post 3+ Months Ago

How come when i go on Facebook my CPU usage goes to 100% and stays there. It is very slow to navigate around Facebook. When i go to another site such as Ozzu the CPU usage bounces from 19% to 60%. and i can navigate around the forums easy.
Even Ebay only uses 19 - 60 % CPU usage.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Who knows what scripts are running on Facebook & other social networking sites? A few years ago, I constantly had to clean my brother's PC due to all the crap that myspace was loading. I told him to stay away from that garbage but he wouldn't listen.

I block various scripts in the browser most of the time.
  • HIG-Jerry
  • HIG-Jerry
  • Loc: Hosting It Green

Post 3+ Months Ago

You're probably infected with something targeting Facebook or it's ads. Malware...
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

there has been some great worms going round facebook, the worse thing about 6 degrees of separation that every stupid person gets infected. but last week or 2 i have seen 4-5 different ones pop up on walls and in chat and everywhere really which is why i don't use facebook apps as they are too unsecure.

think facebook is starting to clean them up.
  • sherma
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

The thing about fb is if you've ever authorized some of those applications and no longer use them, they are still *there*. Especially any of the games. Worse if you have a lot of browser ad ons running.

Maybe your anti virus/spyware is working overtime and running up the meter?

Also, as someone else pointed out about the facebook ads... you can't opt out of fb ads which sucks. I posted about a tornado several months ago and within MINUTES, there was an ad on my profile wall about (believe it or not) tornadoes!
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

that posting word detection is really a nice piece of code, the keywords that are used in your posts/profile are tagged to your account not only to help others find you but to also provide market research on products. with the ability to market advertising to a individual standard is great marketing so while all the bored click addicts see things they like. Mostly the logo getting their attention in well placed ads but it is just word matching to the content you post so there would have to be some relevancy at some point to get your attention if books or movies, basically anything Facebook was designed to invade your privacy, lol.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts