Dell warning!

• grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Dell XPS Model is the Dell gaming line of PC's.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah my 380 got some really crappy 3DMark06 scores because of the nVidia Quadro video card. If I swap the 7800GTX TOP from the DC76000 with the Quadro in the Precision 380 they may go up drastically.

SM 2.0: 133
3DMark: 290
CPU: 1490

As I said not very good scores. I'll do another benchmark when I swap the video cards.
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I swapped the nVidia Quadro from the Precision 380 and put it in my HP DC7600. I ran 3Dmark06 with the 7800GTX in the Precision.

3DMark
    To: 4202
SM2.0
    To: 1738
HDR/SM3.0
    To: 1705
CPU
    To: 1489

CPU basically stayed the same, but the other scores SHOT up. Not the best benchmark by far, its more so for the video card.
  • lemiwinks1
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: out of my mind:its dark and scary in there

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
lemiwinks1 wrote:
ATNO/TW wrote:
Dell's are mostly all my company has been buying for the last two and a half years. In fact our server is also a Dell Server Class machine and it's a tank. I have yet to have one of them have a problem that wasn't caused by a user. (not a single hardware failure yet). For that matter I have such a high degree of confidence in them, I don't even buy the extra waranties.

but how long have you used these computers. Dells Suck A$$ for the long term. i have used P2 computers from hp, IBM, E-Machines and many others. but ive attempted to use computers of a higher grade from Dell and the HardDisk and/or Bios are currupt. well thats what i have to say about Dell. the other thing i have against Dell is that they use Intel chips :hmm:

Like I said about two and a half years. I have yet to have a hardware failure on any of them except for one computer that had a hardrive failure prior to my arrival. And oddly it was a Maxtor. Seems to be the general consensus that there was a bad lot of Maxtor drives.

seems that way. also most of the systems people bring to me are p2-early p4 machines so that could have something to do with it. either way id rather build my system than let some random freak i dont know do it for me. and that "dude your getting a dell" killed it for me from the begining :mrgreen:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 34 posts